“Babies’ skin is thinner and more prone to irritation, but it is very resilient,” says Bruce Brod, a famous dermatologist in Philadelphia. Your toddler’s skin is extra sensitive. Hence, proper care is essential.
How To Take Care Of Your Toddler’s Skin
There are several ways to take care of your toddler’s skin. Below are some techniques you can take into account.
- It is a misconception that cleanliness is all about the frequency of bath times per day. However, it is important to remember to bathe your child only when necessary. Focus on the creases of the body such as the toddler’s genitals, toes, knees, neck, armpits, and area behind the air. Also take into account that when the baby is in the water, 2 inches of plain water is enough. Exposing them to soapy water for a long time may result in dry skin.
- Diaper rash happens when the babies wear their dirty diapers for too long. To prevent this, change the diapers on a regular basis. Apply a diaper cream to the toddler’s skin as well every change.
- Scan product labels and choose those who have few ingredients. Avoid those which have formaldehyde, parabens, or fragrances in them. These are chemicals which can irritate the skin of the baby.
- Experts recommend that parents apply moisturizers to their baby’s skin. The best lotion for dry toddler skin is without dyes or fragrances. If your child has normal skin, moisturizing once a day is enough, but if it is super dry, opt for moisturizing twice daily.
- Always dress your baby with care. Wool and cashmere are only some materials which can be irritating to the skin. The best types of clothes are those made of soft cotton. Aside from considering the right fabric, make sure to wash everything which will touch your toddler’s skin.
- Babies have less pigment on their skin which protects them from the sun. Hence, it is essential to avoid direct contact or any kind of strong exposure from the UV rays. When heading outside, you can use an umbrella or stroller shade to block the sun. It is also recommended to apply sunscreen before taking a walk.
Factors To Consider When Choosing The Best Lotion
As mentioned above, moisturizing the baby’s skin is essential when growing up. If you want to combat this kind of dryness, there are many products available on the market. With this growing size of choices, there might be times you’ll get confused on what to choose. Hence, here are some things to consider when selecting the best lotion for dry toddler skin:
- Avoid lotions which contain a massive list of ingredients. An effective moisturizer does not need that much to make it safe and great.
- Do not buy scented products. These might cause problems to your toddler’s skin through allergies or eczema. If you prefer something that has a little bit of scent on it, opt for those naturally scented lotions which use essential oils rather than various chemical components.
- Avoid those products with “water” as part of its ingredients list. These more likely need preservatives and fillers which may cause side effects to the skin.
Best Lotion For Toddler Dry Skin
To find the best lotion for toddler dry skin, here is a list of the best brands and its unique offerings which can be a big help to you:
- Aveeno Baby Daily Moisture Lotion – This is the best lotion for toddler dry skin. It relieves itchy skin for hours without making it feel sticky.
- Cetaphil Baby Daily Lotion – This is considered the best organic baby lotion. It is composed of sunflower oil, organic calendula, and sweet almond oil. It is also hypoallergenic, as tested by dermatologists, so it is least likely to result in allergies.
- Mustela Hydra Bebe Body Lotion -What’s unique about this lotion is that it contains natural avocado extracts. Because of this, it creates a long-lasting and non-greasy moisturizing effect.
- Johnson’s Head-To-Toe Baby Lotion- It is full of vitamin E which keeps the toddler’s skin glowing and healthy. To add further protection to the skin, the lotion is pH balanced as well.
- Sebamed Baby Lotion – Sebamed Baby Lotion is here to top the list of the best lotion for toddler dry skin. Compared to other lotions, it matches the pH of a healthy skin at 5.5. It contributes to the non-irritating characteristic of the moisturizer.
With the store shelves filling itself with numerous lotion competitors, all with different formulations, choosing the right brand might get a little bit tricky. However, if you take into consideration all of the things mentioned above, picking the right brand will be a piece of cake.DISCLAIMER (IMPORTANT): This information (including all text, images, audio, or other formats on FamilyHype.com) is not intended to be a substitute for informed professional advice, diagnosis, endorsement or treatment. You should not take any action or avoid taking action without consulting a qualified professional. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions about medical conditions. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking advice or treatment because of something you have read here a FamilyHype.com.