Whether you are a first-time mom or you are just expecting a baby, you’re probably starting to set up your nursery. There are a lot of things which you can place in this room. However, let me tell you that a nursery glider should be your top priority.
What Is A Nursery Glider?
A nursery glider is a kind of nursery rocking chair where you can sit down, feed your baby, and rock him or her to sleep. It is usually placed inside the room of your child to avoid dragging your baby everywhere.
Why It Is Important To Invest In A Nursery Glider
It is essential to invest in the best nursery glider since you will most likely spend most of your time on this seat. It is the perfect buy if you want both you and your baby to be comfortable during nursery rhyme readings and late-night feedings. Interestingly, you can even snooze on this chair if you are feeling a little groggy yourself.
Another reason why you should purchase a glider chair is that it makes it easier to rock your baby to sleep especially during his or her 4 a.m. crying fest. The reason for this is that babies find the back and forth rocking motion of a nursery glider very soothing.
Glider Versus Rocker
If you find yourself buying the best nursery glider, you should first know what the main difference of gliders and rockers is. You can differentiate these two depending on the way they move. The gliders motion is more on a forward and back direction; some even swivel too! On the other hand, a nursery rocker moves in an arc.
If we were to choose between these two options, a glider is a more suitable choice. First, gliders offer a smoother ride compared to a rocker. They do not have the mini stop motions that some nursery rockers have. Also, more parents prefer the use of a nursery glider since they are designed not to trap people’s toes underneath its leg.
Tips For Choosing The Best Nursery Chairs
When choosing the best nursery recliner, choosing a good design is not enough. There remain several factors one should consider when making this purchase. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- The best baby glider should feature a supportive cushioning. Since there is a significant chance that you will sit on it (and maybe sleep even) for an extended period, having a good cushion to support your arms and back is essential.
- Choose a chair that has a stain-resistant, easy-to-clean fabric. You can go for either leather-like products or micro-fiber so that stains can easily be wiped out. Going for this feature will enable you to prolong the life of your nursery glider.
- Whether you are feeding or putting the baby to sleep, you will need some extra space to move around to be able to feel comfortable. With this in mind, it is essential that a wide seat should be present.
- You should also consider the durability of your purchase. The best nursery glider should survive until your child reaches college. If you cannot see your child sitting on it while using the phone or curling in it to study, you might want to consider buying another brand.
- The best gliders should also include a locking mechanism. There will be times where you do not want the chair to move so this feature can be advantageous.
Purchasing a nursery glider can be hard work. Hence, you should make sure to research and read firsthand reviews to give you more perspective on the various offerings in the market.
Where To Buy The Best Nursery Glider
Because of the hundreds of products to pick from, we decided to narrow it down to just five brands. Who knows? You might find the best glider for a nursery in this list.
- Paxton Recliner And Rocker – The Paxton Recliner and Rocker is a nursery seat which we consider very well constructed. It can even turn and swivel for a full 360 degrees! You can also trust this brand since it is GREENGUARD Gold Certified. It means that the glider meets (and even exceeds) the standards for stringent chemical emissions.
- Da Vinci Olive Glider And Ottoman – This nursery glider includes the best features above at a reasonable price. A bonus? It comes along with a footrest for more comfort.
- Babyletto Kiwi Glider Recliner – If you are a techy kind of mom, this is the best glider rocker for you. It has a built-in USB port which you can use to charge your cell phone or any other device while tending to your bundle of joy.
- Baby Relax Double Rocker – What’s unique about the Baby Relax Double Rocker is that it has room for two people! Your partner and maybe even the kids can accompany you while you are nursing your baby! This feature is why most parents consider this the best glider!
- Pottery Barn Kids Wingback Glider And Recliner – If you are looking for a recliner chair which offers the best support and comfort, this is perfect for you. This offering has a feature which reclines and wholly lies back in a silent manner. This way, it won’t disrupt the sleep of your baby.
A nursery glider might be a little bit expensive compared to the other things you need in your nursery. However, with the benefits it gives to both the baby and the mother, this investment is worth it.DISCLAIMER (IMPORTANT): This information (including all text, images, audio, or other formats on FamilyHype.com) is not intended to be a substitute for informed professional advice, diagnosis, endorsement or treatment. You should not take any action or avoid taking action without consulting a qualified professional. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions about medical conditions. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking advice or treatment because of something you have read here a FamilyHype.com.