As a new mommy, one of the biggest challenges you would have ever to face is teaching your child how to do the basic human actions. These actions include walking, chewing, potty training, and even the simple act of sipping. With this, you have to ensure that you invest in the necessary items like the best straw cup for baby to learn to guide you in teaching your precious child how to do different things.
The Science Behind Sipping
Do you remember the first time you used a straw? The first time you started sipping from one? It’s kind of hard to remember those kinds of memories. But, aren’t you curious about how you learned those little things?
In sipping, the “magic” present here is physics. It is the relationship of decreasing air pressure as you suck the air out of the straw, making the liquid inside your cup or container go up for you to drink. But we’re not going to talk about the science of it but rather how to train babies with it.
Some Sip Tips
Teaching a baby how to sip from a straw cup isn’t as hard as it seems! With just enough patience and understanding, you will be able to teach your baby in no time successfully! To start, here are some tips you might want to take note off:
- First, you have to get the best straw cup for baby to learn. This way, you’ll solve the first ever problem in teaching your baby to sip. Not only this but you’ll also find it pretty handy in the future.
- Start your sipping training by pouring liquid inside the straw cup so that your baby can practice. Make sure it’s a type of fluid that your child enjoys drinking or else you’ll have a harder time dealing with baby tantrums.
- Make sure that the straw is inside the cup. Once it’s inside, cover the tip of the straw using your finger so that liquid is stored inside the straw. Afterward, direct the straw in the direction of your child’s lips. Release your finger from the tip of the straw so that the liquid flows into your child’s mouth. Do this about 2-3 times to make your baby think that the fluid comes from the straw.
- After doing this, test your child’s sipping abilities by placing the straw back inside the cup and place it in between your baby’s lips. By doing this, you can start training your child in doing the sipping. If your baby has a hard time, try doing some lip exercises so that it would be easier to try!
Given all these sipping tutorials, it’s best if your straw cup is effective and easy to use. With this, investing in the best straw cup for baby to learn is essential!
Best Straw Cup For Baby To Learn
In choosing the best straw cup for baby to learn, you have to consider a lot of factors. Is it sturdy, durable, user-friendly, lightweight, and attractive to look at? Is it worth spending?
To give you an easier time to find the best straw cup for baby to learn, we came up with a list (in no particular order) which you can check out!
- Pura Kiki – For most moms, this is the best straw cup for baby to learn! Using this product can give you an easier time in teaching your child how to sip because not only is it stainless with a silicone jacket, but it’s opening is comfortable for first-time sipping babies! You can choose from many variations, and it’s readily available in many online shopping sites.
- Philips Avent – This brand provides one of the cutest-looking straw cups suitable for babies! Philips Avent’s My Bendy Straw Cup is one of the best baby brands which offers a variety of designs when it comes to straw cups. Not only this, but its overall design was made to cater to the physiological capabilities of a baby. Its short design was created to tailor-fit babies’ abilities to swallow, and the straw’s bent orientation makes it easier for them to reach. It’s even recommended by doctors for babies nine months and above!
- Munchkin – Like other brands, Munchkin has its own bet for the best straw cup for baby to learn. Their product called Click Lock Weighted Flexi Straw Trainer Cup is considered one of the best in training babies how to sip. With its user-friendly side handles, flexible straw, and leak-proof design, you will surely get the most out of your money!
- Zoli – The Zoli BOT Straw Sippy Cup is another great steal when it comes to the best straw cup for baby to learn. The product offers features such as a silicone straw with a weighted ball at the bottom of the container, making sipping training more enjoyable for a baby’s mouth. Not only this but the straw also has an option to be closed causing the straw cup leak-proof! Truly a great find if you plan to get this one!
- OXO – Last but not least is the OXO Tot Transition Straw Cup. This handy dandy product will always be on the must-haves of all new mommies! This straw cup is easy to use with its baby-friendly handles, almond-shaped body, and leak-proof design. Even if you try to shake or throw it, not a scratch or droplet of liquid can be seen. Plus, it’s effortless to clean!
If you’re planning to choose the best straw cup for baby to learn, you have to consider different factors. In addition to this, as responsible mommies, we have to make sure it’s worth every dime! Ensuring all of this will help you help your baby learn and make you a step closer in achieving all the mommy missions in existence. Happy shopping!DISCLAIMER (IMPORTANT): This information (including all text, images, audio, or other formats on FamilyHype.com) is not intended to be a substitute for informed professional advice, diagnosis, endorsement or treatment. You should not take any action or avoid taking action without consulting a qualified professional. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions about medical conditions. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking advice or treatment because of something you have read here a FamilyHype.com.