Choosing an infant car seat is like buying insurance. You have to make sure that it covers everything you need, and you can rely on it in case of emergency. Hence, you must take extra steps to compare brands and read features to find the one that ticks all the boxes.
There are many options for car seats, and it can get overwhelming to find the right one. To help you narrow down your list, we made a comprehensive review of the Cosco Mighty fit 65, so you can see the qualities of a good car seat. If you continue reading, you will also see the best-selling car seats that can stand side by side with the Cosco mighty fit.
What You Need To Know About The Cosco Mighty Fit 65
The Cosco Mighty Fit is versatile and can be converted in two ways. It can accommodate children from 5 lbs up to 40 lbs on rear-facing mode or from 22 lbs up to 65 lbs on forward-facing mode. One of the selling points of the car seat is its size. It measures 17x 22 x 23,5 inches, and it is narrow that most car seats plus, it is lightweight and convenient to carry when traveling.
What Are The Pros Of The Cosco Mighty Fit 65?
- It is NHTSA and FAA approved, and it has outstanding safety features that passed the federal safety standards. The Cosco mighty fit 65 also includes a built-in side impact protection and a reliable 5-point harness system to keep your little one safe when traveling.
- It has a narrow design. Hence, it does not consume so much space when installed. Your child will have enough legroom when sitting rear-facing. It also has a latch, vehicle belt installation system, and it fits most vehicles.
- It grows with your child since it has five height adjustments and three buckle locations that you can adjust as your child gets older.
- It is easy to clean and its cover can be machine washed and dryer safe.
- It is made from high-quality materials and plush fabric and foam to keep your child comfortable throughout the journey.
What Are The Cons Of The Cosco Mighty Fit 65?
- According to customer reviews, it is hard to achieve the right incline when the child is seated rear-facing.
- The Harness straps have the tendency to twist and get tangled up.
- Other customers say that the headrest can be uncomfortable for some kids when they sleep on car rides.
Cosco Mighty Fit 65 Vs. Cosco Scenera
Both models are 2-in-1 convertible car seats and can be used as rear-facing and forward-facing. The only difference between the two is the weight limit range. The Cosco Scenera can only accommodate 22-40 lbs and may not be the best option for older children.
Features And Safety:
The Mighty fit 65 and the Cosco Scenera has the same 5-point harness system, three buckle position, and can fit on most vehicles. In terms of comfort, the Cosco Scenera is short of extra padding found on the Cosco Mighty Fit 65. Safety-wise, both the Might fit 65, and Cosco Scenera offers side impact protection and has met the Federal Safety standards.
The Cosco Scenera is a cheaper and affordable alternative. However, you should also consider the features and longevity of use before deciding to see if it will fit your needs.
Cosco Mighty Fit 65 Vs. Cosco Apt
The Cosco Apt can accommodate infants from 5 lbs up to 40 lbs when rear-facing and from 22 lbs up to 50 lbs when forward-facing. The Might Fit on the other can hold more weight of up to 65 lbs when forward-facing.
Features and Safety:
Both the Cosco Apt and Mighty fit has the same outstanding safety and basic features. In this category, the difference would be the size of each car seat. Cosco Apt is much wider than its counterpart, its width is 22” and 3.5 “wider than the Might fit. The weight of the Cosco Apt is its redeeming factor because it considerably lightweight compared to the other car seat. It only weighs 8lbs while the other one weighs 11 lbs.
The Cosco Apt cost is one of the highly-rated car seats that will not break the bank. Price-wise it cost way less than the Mighty Fit 65.
Cosco Mighty Fit Vs. Chicco Nextfit
The Chicco Nextfit can also hold up to a maximum of 65 lbs, and it has an 8-year expiration date. Most Cosco car seats have 6 years expiration date. Hence, you can use the Chicco Nextfit longer.
Features and Safety:
The Chicco Nextfit comes with a breathable 3D AirMesh backrest, soft seat, and ComfortFlex waist belt. It also offers a 9 -position recline system and SuperCinch Latch and LockSure seat belt-tightening system.
The Mighty fit, on the other hand, gives more legroom and a 5-point harness system. In terms of safety, the Nextfit is considered one of the safest car seats for infants and was given high ratings by verified customers because of its safety features.
Since it has more fundamental and safety features, the Nextfit is much more expensive than the Mighty Fit. If you plan to change your car seat after a few years, or if you want to buy a separate booster seat, you will get more savings with the car seat from Cosco.
What Makes A Good Car Seat?
- The car seat must fit with most vehicles since there is a possibility that you might change your vehicle before you change your car seat.
- A car seat that grows with your child is always a good purchase. The pressure of spending more money for a different infant seat when your little one outgrows the old one can put a strain on your budget since car seats can be expensive.
- Travel systems are getting more attention these days because it gives parents more savings. Buy a car seat that can be converted to a travel system so you won’t have to spend more money in the long run.
- The price does not justify the features. Some car seats can be more expensive but fall short with features. It is good to consider the price but do not overlook what the car seat offers.
- Cleaning the car seat can be stressful if you choose a car seat with tough to wash materials. Purchase a car seat with materials that are wash and dryer friendly.
Which Car Seat Are You Going To Buy?
As discussed in this article, there are countless car seats that you can find almost anywhere. Nevertheless, it would be best to give much thought to your choices before you make your decision. You must keep in mind that it will be for your little one and it is something that can help save their life in case of crash or accidents. In terms of car seats, you should prioritize the safety features, and the price comes second.
DISCLAIMER (IMPORTANT): This information (including all text, images, audio, or other formats on FamilyHype.com) is not intended to be a substitute for informed professional advice, diagnosis, endorsement or treatment. You should not take any action or avoid taking action without consulting a qualified professional. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions about medical conditions. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking advice or treatment because of something you have read here a FamilyHype.com.