No matter how much we want to monitor our children’s H20 intake, they seem to lose the habit as they reach college. That is why finding so many water bottles best for college students is essential to have access to a potable and clean drink anytime, anywhere, college school included! But, finding the right one may not be as straightforward as you think.
Water bottles are much different than they used to be. They’re made of different materials for different purposes, such as stainless steel bottles and BPA-free plastic. You can get a glass water bottle, one that has a wide mouth spout with a flip lid top, one that has a straw lid, or one that is double-walled to help keep your cold drinks cold. The point is that you’ll have plenty of flask options to sift through before you can find the right bottle for university.
Water Is Life (Stay Hydrated!)
Water is life, or so they say! We all know the different health benefits and advantages of drinking water and staying hydrated in general. Not only does it keep us from getting thirsty often, but it helps in weight management, improves your skin complexion, boosts the immune system, regulates internal balance, prevents cramps and other injuries, and many more! It’s great for more reasons than most people are aware of. That’s why dispensers are so important.
Keeping oneself hydrated is very important because since the climate is changing, the weather can get hot and a few degrees below is preferred. Sometimes dehydration can lead to heatstroke, nausea, and other illnesses, for the body needs good water intake.
However, are you aware that staying hydrated also helps in academic performance? According to DripDrop, being hydrated helps best in boosting the ability of students to do well in their class exams. Proper hydration also improves one’s cognitive ability, memory, and attention span, and it keeps the brain as active as possible. College life is hard enough, your child doesn’t also need their health working against them. Getting the best water bottle for a college student to bring with them and refill them is a good idea to promote hydration as well as save money instead of buying bottled water every time. They can check out the various colors available so they can choose from a wide range of options that can cater to the college student’s interests.
Best Drinking Bottle For University Days
Usually, the rate of dehydration when people get older gets higher. As much as we try hard to keep our young children hydrated when they grow older, and most commonly in their college days, it’s the time when dehydration often occurs. Why? Well, one reason is that college life comes with a lot of distractions that weren’t there before. Parents don’t have as much say in what students are doing on campus, so they can’t keep reminding them to drink their tap water. For the first time, no one will tell them what to do.
College life is different from elementary and high school days. There’s more walking, changing classrooms, organization work, and other social activities. Unlike in pre-college days when they’re usually just in the same area, drinking fountains and water jugs aren’t hard to handle. It’s super important for college students to carry some sort of refillable water bottle with them, whether it be a Hydro Flask water bottle, a stainless steel, a hydro flask wide mouth, a glass bottle, or one with a straw lid. And for those who live where it’s hotter, it’s best to have a vacuum-insulated water bottle to help keep their water colder. A double-walled vacuum-insulated stainless steel water bottle is even better for that. You should give them the best water bottle to fill before they leave home for school. They aren’t doing a lot at that time.
But in college, teenagers often get busier. Sometimes with the added pressure to meet deadlines and have good grades, they’re always on the go running errands for all subjects. Because of this, they usually don’t have the time to catch a drink anymore. When they do, they typically resort to coffee, past beverages, energy drinks, and a whole lot more to give them the energy they need to pull off all-nighters instead of opting to drink water or just run errands with their car.
A lot of studies show that dehydration is common among college students because of their busy schedules, as well as less parental monitoring or supervision. It is very alarming because despite being busy or preoccupied in college, health should still be a top priority – always a non-negotiable. With this, providing them with the best water bottle is a must so that we can still try to ensure students that they’re getting the right amount of minerals and nutrients despite living far away! Even the best parents can’t force a child to drink more water, but buying them the best water bottle at least gives them a little shove in that direction.
Choosing The Right Insulated Water Bottles
Choosing the best water bottle for your college can be a little bit tricky and sometimes costs a lot. That’s why when you are choosing the right water bottle, you have to make sure that it’s worth your money and that it’s the best.
There are a lot of lists that offer the best water bottle; however, since we all have different situations and lifestyles, it’s still best to know which factors to consider so you know it’s the best water bottle for you and for college life.
But what exactly are the things to consider in choosing the right water bottle for college?
Some Of The Best College Drinking Containers That You Can Choose From Easily
- Size: This factor depends on your rest and daily schedule. If you’re an athlete who is always at the gym, you need to have a bigger sports water bottle with a sports cap and cup holders fit for your bike. If you’re just a light drinker or you prefer to carry a lightweight bottle, then a smaller water bottle is just right for you! The choice of the best water bottles all depends on what’s best for you and your activities as a student. You can choose a slightly smaller bottle with small holes which you can drink from if you just need water for a short period.
- Weight: Some are generally light, while some aren’t. It’s essential to choose between the two so that you won’t have a hard time carrying it around college campuses or putting it inside your tote bag or backpack along with your other college requirements! A vacuum-insulated stainless steel water bottle is going to be heavier than a BPA-free plastic bottle. A glass bottle will also weigh more. So it’s good to consider that as you look for the best water bottle.
- Carry-friendly: When choosing, it’s essential to check if it has enough available handles or straps, especially if you’re the type of person who likes to bring it by hand. But if you’re comfortable with it being inside your bag all the time, why not? Another thing to consider is if it has a silicone sleeve so that you can purchase it and place it anywhere and not worry that it might get scratched. Of course, plastic bottles rarely need those as they do not have the same problem as stainless steel ones.
- Moist Tendency: Some can accumulate droplets on the outside or exterior of the contents. However, don’t worry because there are droplet-free ones, meaning there won’t be any liquids coming out from the inside! A glass bottle can develop condensation on the outside, causing it to get slippery. You may want to find one with a rubber coating if you decide that a glass bottle is the best water bottle for you.
- Drinking Valve: Do you prefer a bottle that has a built-in straw for convenience? There are plenty of people who prefer a bottle with a straw lid. Do you want one with a small mouth-opening-type drinking compartment? There are also plenty of people who want a spout lid. The spout lid can come in a wide-mouth version or something smaller. Or are you comfortable with the typical circular drinking style? Choosing the best water bottle depends on you! If you can’t decide, a great option is to get a flex cap or sport cap that allows you to change out the spout lid. If you prefer a wide-mouth spout lid during one season but want a straw lid during another season, a flex cap can allow you to switch those out.
- Color And Style: Don’t forget the external details. Most college students need to match their water bottles with the best items! After considering the important details, functions, and compartments of your water bottle, it’s time to choose the best water bottle in terms of style and color which will best fit your personality! Most manufacturers offer several color options for the bottles they sell.
- Cleaning: It’s great to get a bottle that can be easy to clean. Choose the best materials. You need to consider the material of the bottle. A glass bottle should be pretty easy to clean, as well as a wide-mouth BPA-free plastic bottle. A stainless steel vacuum-insulated bottle with a small opening may be tougher to clean. The spout lid needs to be considered, also. It’s great if the bottle and the components are dishwasher safe. Make sure to check this when you purchase a water bottle for college. Even if it’s only top rack safe, it’s great if you can put it in the dishwasher. The straw lid can sometimes be troublesome to clean if you don’t have a special tool meant for cleaning straws, so consider getting the tool if you’re choosing one with a straw lid. Your sipping and drinking experience will be better if you have a clean bottle, so don’t forget to buy a bottle brush that can be used on a plastic bottle and glass bottle.
- Price: When buying, it’s essential to see if the price for it is reasonable and worth it. Don’t spend on something too expensive that isn’t worth the cash! Most notably, in college, there are a whole lot more expenses. You don’t want to waste a few cents on a water bottle that isn’t tailor-fit for you!
Drinking Bottle Brands To Look Out For
Takeya Actives—Takeya Actives is a line of insulated water bottles that you can get for both kids and adults. There are plenty of color options and options for different kinds of spouts. You can choose a straw lid, a wide mouth lid, and those that have a flip top. Takeya Actives are meant to be functional, yet attractive. The color options are unique. Takeya Actives are made of stainless steel vacuum insulated to keep your drink at the temperature you want it to be.
All the bottles of Takeya have gone through temperature tests. The bottle is double-walled to keep the outside of the bottle dry. Takeya Actives can keep your water nice and cold for an entire 24 hours. Whether you opt for the flip-top lid or the straw lid, wide mouth or not, the Takeya Actives lids have been touted as the best. The Takeya Bottle is great for student life with its simple modern but elegant design and plethora of color options to choose from.
Contigo—The Contigo AUTOSPOUT Straw Ashland glass water bottle is a convenient, simple modern type. It has an easy flip-top lid that just takes a button to open. Then you have a wide-mouth spout you can drink from. The word straw in the name only indicates the look of the outside of the bottle, not the drinking valve. You can choose from several color options with this brand, too.
Klean Kanteen—This company prides itself on producing clean, safe products for people to eat and drink from. There are all sorts of fun patterns and colors to choose from with Klean Kanteen, also. You’ll find wide-mouth spout bottles, flip-top lids, and different sizes to choose from. Klean Kanteen makes bottles for all ages. You’ll find designs that appeal to both kids and adults.
Best Water Bottle For Colleges
With all the tips and facts we’ve given about the different and best bottles you can buy, and their buying options, we hope that you will be able to choose the right one for you. Always keep yourself hydrated! Remember, a hydrated student is a healthy and well-performing student! These are simple modern tips about what water can do for the body, but they can make a huge difference in college student life.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What Is The Best Drinking Plastic Bottle?
The best water bottle for students is the Yeti Rambler. It is a 26-ounce bottle with double-wall insulation to keep cold water cold and water hot as needed, and you can choose from a variety of lids, including a sip lid or a chug lid. Though it is a heavyweight bottle, it keeps your drinks cold for a few hours, and the Yeti water bottle also excels at holding hot beverages and hot drinks for those who prefer a warm drink.
What Is The Top Cycling Bottle?
CamelBak Podium Big Chill is the best overall water bottle for cyclists. It is an insulated bottle made from 100% BPA-free material. Using a BPA-free bottle is better for both you and the environment. Just like S’well bottles, Tritan BPA-free bottle is a good choice for cycling, as well. You’ll want to steer clear glass bottles for cycling. Your best spout option is a wide-mouth spout lid with a flip top to drink filtered water easily. You might also want an option with key features such as built in filter, that doesn’t pop open, and have an impact resistant loop handle if you decide to buy one; it can be a big concern if one of these features are not well made.
Are Metal Containers Safer To Use Than Others?
Metal ones are not 100% safe, just like BPA-free plastic ones. However, you can switch to using a stainless steel bottle, which is more reliable than regular metallic products. Klean Kanteen makes a whole line of metal drinkware that is safe. You can also find mugs, thermoses, and other liquid containers from Klean Kanteen that come in many color options and sizes including a 64 oz bottle that holds a full half gallon. This reusable bottle is a reliable choice over regular metallic options.
What’s The Safest Container To Drink From?
S’well is the best glass water bottle, as it is the safest container to drink water from. It is entirely leak-proof, has a better locking mechanism than other bottles, and condensation does not form outside of the water bottle, you don’t even have to try a leak test. This brand manufactures these products that are triple-walled, BPA-free, 18/8 stainless steel. You can be confident as you drink water safely and healthily in this. With a protective silicone sleeve, it’s a secure choice for all.
What’s The Top Reusable Water Bottle Brand You Can Use?
Hydro Flask may be the best reusable water bottle brand. It is made out of stainless steel and can keep water cold from six hours up to 24 hours. Not only that, but it’s one of the leading brands today. From different types of drinking lid options and carry-on decor you can add, it’s a must-have water bottle for most kids and adults.
Which Container Stays Cold The Longest?
Many brands have shown that their water bottle can stay cold for up to 24 hours, such as HydroFlask, IronFlask, YETI, Purist bottle, and more. Putting ice cubes in these containers will make them much more colder.
Is It Better To Drink From Glass Or Stainless Steel?
Both glass bottles and stainless steel bottles have their perks, and the choice of which is better is entirely up to you. Stainless steel types offer insulation to hot and cold drinking options. Perfect for those who drink hot water. On the other hand, glass is a very safe type and offers a relatively clean and pure taste. Glass is praised for providing a pure water-tasted experience.
Which Container Is The Healthiest?
The healthiest material is stainless steel. These are definitely better than plastic or aluminum bottles. Stainless steel is a non-toxic material that is healthy for people. The second healthiest water bottle is the glass type. So if you like glass ones better than stainless steel, then you can also opt to use those.
How Often Should You Wash A Stainless Steel Container?
Ideally, it should best be washed at least once a day, especially if you use it almost every day or put different beverages in it. You can wash it more than one time if you see that there is a build-up or if there is a smell. Think about washing your bottle every time you do your hand washing.
What’s The Top And Safest Plastic To A Bottle?
You should take note of the plastic numbers in the water bottle. Those with identification numbers 1 to 5 are considered safe and BPA-free.
Last Updated on May 8, 2023 by Nisa JabajabDISCLAIMER (IMPORTANT): This information (including all text, images, audio, or other formats on FamilyHype.com) is not intended to be a substitute for informed professional advice, diagnosis, endorsement or treatment. You should not take any action or avoid taking action without consulting a qualified professional. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions about medical conditions. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking advice or treatment because of something you have read here a FamilyHype.com.