It’s not a secret that parents become a little critical of the different choices of car seats whenever they decide to buy one. More often than not, a lot may have already shifted from one brand to another, trying to find the car seat that’s best suited for their baby.
The Diono Radian, however, has become the most famous convertible car seat among parents and caregivers. The Diono Radian car seat line is famous for its 3-across feature. These car seats were lovingly engineered to allow parents to fit 3 seats together in one row for convenience. Various Radian models mostly differ on their added features, but the weight and height limits are almost the same. The Diono Radian RXT, as distinguished from the rest of the Radian models and other car seat manufacturers, gives the full features that a car seat should have.
The brand Diono carries different models of convertible car seats, such as the Radian 3Qxt, the Radian® 3RXT, as well as all of the Excurze Editions with Nuna Pipa™ car seats, and because of its versatility, it has been highly rated by verified users online. In the article, we made a list of Diono’s best-selling car seats from Amazon, and we included a brief description so you can see their features. You can continue reading to see more FAQs and our comprehensive review of the Diono Radian RXT.
The Radian® 3RXT can start out as an infant car seat in the rear facing position. It has an easy to use angle adjuster so you can lay it back for rear facing babies and then tilt it up more when the time is right. There is an infant insert in these car seats that can be removed at the appropriate time. The Radian® 3RXT grows with your child and keeps them protected to the highest level while giving you peace of mind and extra convenience. It’s also FAA approved for easy travel, too.
- The Radian 3RXT is a good investment because it can be your child’s car seat from infancy and up. It can be used for 10 years maximum, and it can accommodate 5 lbs up to 120 lbs.
- It is made of steel frame, high density plastic, polyester knit, EPP and EPS.
- It has a Slim Fit design but spacious enough to keep your child feeling comfy while sitting in it.
The Radian 3R is a slightly less expensive version of the Radian® 3RXT. It has a lot of the same benefits, like growing with your child, staying in the rear facing position for longer, and being super portable since it folds flat, making it easy to travel the world with these car seats, but with just a few less bells and whistles. You’ll still get to choose from several colors to suit your personal taste and at a lower price point.
- It is the best car seat for parents who prefers to use rear facing for their children. It is designed specially to allow rear facing until the child weighs 50 lbs.
- It fits perfectly in cars with limited spaces or 3 across in most vehicles.
- It is made with high grade steel to keep your child safe always.
The Radian® 3RXT is the most high end of the Diono convertible car seats. This older version doesn’t allow for the rear facing position as long as the 2020 version does. Also, there is no newborn wedge with this Radian® 3RXT, as comes with the 2020 version. Other things that are different from this version to the newer one are the upgraded fabrics and the easy to remove cover that is machine washable. Whether you go for the 2019 Radian® 3RXT or the 2020 Radian® 3RXT, you’ll be getting the very best of convertible car seats that Diono has to offer.
- The Radian 3RXT provides business class comfort for your child. It has a European style and it comes with soft luxurious fabric and memory foam seat bottom.
- This car seat will make your child feel like they are on a first class seat while they travel with you.
The Radian 3R is the least fancy of the Diono products car seats. The 2019 version has different fabrics than the newer released version. The rear facing phase for these car seats goes up to 45 lbs. The 2019 version of the Radian 3R has to be spot cleaned, while the 2020 version has easy to remove, machine washable fabric seat covers.
- The Radian 3R is cheap, safe and convenient to use. It is made of high quality materials and it has high portability.
- It is made in Seattle hence it is designed differently, unlike other car seats the Radian 3R folds flat and is FAA approved for use on an aircraft. It is the perfect convertible car seat to bring when you travel by plane.
The Diono Radian RXT Are Full Of Safety Features
This Diono convertible has an added structural support intended for a higher forward-facing weight limit. The Radian RXT is not lightweight due to its steel frame and aluminum side walls and headrest. The fact that it is not a lightweight is an excellent thing, though, because it adds to the strength level of the car seat. The convertible can comfortably sit rear-facing children from 5-50 pounds and can accommodate forward-facing children from 20-65 pounds in a 5-point harness. It can then be used as a booster seat for children weighing up to 120 lbs.
Diono also has the “SafeStop” design in its harness. It is created to minimize the backward force against the head, neck, and chest, which are forward-facing.
The Diono RXT Car Seat Is The Most Handy For 3-Across Situations
The Radian RXT is regarded as the narrowest convertible in the market of car seats, which is ideal because it makes a 3-across easier than the others. Moreover, parents laud it for compactness and ease of being a travel companion. It has a carry strap (purchased separately to turn it into a sort of backpack) and folds for travel purposes. Traveling by plane? Worry not, the car seat’s low profile allows your kid to use the tray table when correctly installed on airplanes. It has a unique SuperLATCH system that makes installation effortless as well.
The Radian Car Seat Is Undeniably Made Of High-Quality Frame and Fabric
The Diono RXT uses tested high-quality materials for its frame and fabric. The cushioned seat offers high-comfort with memory foam padding and steel-reinforced frame for your baby’s comfortable feeling and unmatched safety. The fabric stays intact, soft, and smooth for a long time. It can easily be spot-cleaned with mild soap and water. The 2020 versions also allow for removal of the car seat covers to throw into the washing machine.
The Diono Radian RXT Convertible Car Seat Is Guaranteed To Give Your Little One The Best Ride
Parents who have tried the product have noticed how perfectly their child feels at home. They look cozy whenever they stay in the Diono seat. As mentioned earlier, it features memory foam padding. This padding is a removable cup holder that can also double as a room for handy toys. It also has expandable sides, so it can accommodate your child’s growth.
The Diono Radian RXT Car Seat Has Been Tested And Approved By Many
Parents who have tried the Diono RXT car seat even for a short time all give their seals of approval and satisfaction. They are impressed with all the safety and comfort features of the car seat. It is undeniable that this has received a lot of good reviews online by genuine parents and caregivers who voluntarily tested the car seat. They refer to the Diono RXT car seat as the smart choice of overprotective parents. And, these car seats include LATCH. The system makes installation a breeze for anyone.
The Diono Radian RXT car seats are indeed the best when it comes to overprotecting your kid in all the right ways. It has strong and sturdy materials that the manufacturers have incorporated into their flagship product. The Diono Radian RXT undeniably gives parents the genuine feeling of unmatched safety, security, and guaranteed protection for their child.
What is the difference between Diono Radian RXT and 3rxt?
Diono Radian 3RXT is the advanced version of RXT. Its rear- and front-facing height limits are higher than that of RXT.
What is the difference between Radian 3RXT and Radian 3QXT?
The two car seats look different. They’re shaped in different fashions. Also, the 3QXT has more features and accessories that are meant to give better protection to infants.
Are Diono car seats good?
Diono car seats are good, in the sense that they offer protection to babies and toddlers longer than other products. You can convert the car seat based on your child’s age instead of getting a new one.
Does Diono Radian RXT recline?
Yes, Diono Radian RXT reclines as it has a foam angle adjuster. However, it only works when the seat faces the back of the car.
How heavy is the Diono Radian RXT?
Diono Radian RXT weighs 31 pounds.
Is Diono Radian comfortable?
Yes, Diono Radian is a comfortable car seat. It is plush all around, so your child won’t feel agitated in it.
What is the Carrycot Nuna Pipa™?
The Carrycot Nuna Pipa™ is a bassinet-like carrier that can be used with a stroller so your baby can lie down and you can have an easy view of them as they sleep. Not all of the strollers will be compatible with the Carrycot Nuna Pipa™, but most of the Diono strollers are. You can make travel systems out of the Carrycot Nuna Pipa™ and Excurze Editions strollers, Flexa Editions strollers, and the Quantum Classic strollers.
What other products are there from Diono?
Diono offers car seats, strollers, baby carriers, and other products. Their lines of strollers include the Traverse Editions, the Excurze Editions, the Flexa Editions, the Quantum Classic, and many of the strollers can be incorporated into travel systems where they’re paired with car seats. For instance, you can purchase a travel system that includes the Flexa Editions with Nuna Pipa™.
Here’s a quick overview of some of these other products and travel systems that you may want to take a look at.
- Nuna Pipa™ Lite – The Nuna Pipa™ Lite has a claim to fame that includes being the lightest infant car seat on the market. It’s only about 5 lbs. You can use the Nuna Pipa™ Lite with a base that is easy to install in your vehicle. It’s also compatible with most of the Diono strollers, including the the Flexa Editions, the Excurze Editions, and the Quantum Classic strollers. The Nuna Pipa™ Lite has adjustable infant inserts, too, so your baby can be as comfortable as possible.
- Excurze Luxe – The Excurze Luxe is a high end stroller that is great for urban living. Excurze Luxe is lightweight and stylish, and can be used for children up to 50 lbs. It has a narrow frame that makes it easy to navigate through crowded areas. You’ll also find the in-line wheels of the Excurze Luxe make it easy to steer. What’s really cool is it’s compatible with the Carrycot Nuna Pipa™. You can make a convenient travel system out of this Excurze stroller—the Excurze Luxe Carrycot Nuna Pipa™ Lite.
- Flexa Luxe – Essentially, the Flexa Luxe is an umbrella stroller. But, it offers much more than the traditional umbrella stroller. The Flexa Luxe is travel system capable. You can pair the Flexa Luxe with the Carrycot and Nuna Pipa™ Lite to make the ultimate travel system that is lightweight and super convenient. Combining the Flexa Luxe with the Nuna Pipa™ Lite means you’ll have a comfortable place for your baby to rest that’s safe and stylish. You also get car seat adapters to use with any of the Flexa Editions strollers.
- Quantum Classic – The Quantum Classic stroller can be used with other car seat brands with the use of adapters. It’s also compatible with the Carrycot and Nuna Pipa™ Lite. When you pair the Quantum Classic with the Nuna Pipa™ Lite, you’ll get to enjoy the versatility and durability of a high quality stroller and car seat. The Quantum Classic also offers other features like an extendable handlebar, a one-step brake, and easy folding. There is an adjustable large canopy on the Quantum Classic, as well, so you can keep your baby protected from the elements.
What’s the most versatile Excurze stroller?
The Excurze Editions strollers, including the Excurze Luxe, are all quite versatile. The Excurze Luxe is the most high end Excurze stroller, however. You can have a travel system that includes the Excurze Luxe complete with the Nuna Pipa™ Lite car seat or the Carrycot and Nuna Pipa™ Lite car seat. The Excurze Editions with Nuna Pipa™ Lite travel systems are a little pricey but offer parents a lot for the cost.
How long can a child ride in the Excurze Luxe Carrycot with Nuna Pipa™ Lite?
The Excurze Luxe can be used for years. If you’re using the Carrycot with Nuna Pipa™ Lite, the Carrycot is only meant for babies to lie in for about 4 months. You can use the Excurze Luxe with Nuna Pipa™ Lite for about a year, or so. After that, you would switch to using just the Excurze stroller.
What’s the best option for a lightweight travel system from Diono?
The Flexa Editions strollers are basically umbrella strollers that can be part of travel systems. If you want something that is easy to fold up and take with you anywhere, you should look into getting a Flexa Luxe or other Flexa Editions stroller. You’ll still be able to combine Flexa Editions with Nuna Pipa™ Lite car seats. The best combination would be the Flexa Luxe with Nuna Pipa™. Then you get all of the features available from the upscale umbrella stroller but complete with Nuna Pipa™ Lite conveniences and comfort.
What’s better, a Carrycot and Nuna Pipa™ Lite car seat or a Radian?
The difference in these is pretty significant. The travel system complete with Nuna Pipa™ car seat is meant to offer convenience in that you can click the car seat in and out of your Excurze Editions, Flexa Luxe, or Quantum Classic with Nuna Pipa™ capability with ease. The Radian car seats are convertible, meaning they can be used from birth all the way up through 10 years old, in some cases. Radians cannot be used as part of travel systems, though. You can get an Excurze stroller or a Flexa Luxe with the Nuna Pipa™ car seat to use some of the time, but the Radian is meant to stay in the vehicle at all times unless you’re taking it out to put on an airplane. We can assure you that no matter what Diono product you decide to go with, you’ll be getting a quality piece of equipment.
Disclaimer: FamilyHype.com (Family Hype & FamilyHype) is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Last Updated on December 15, 2020 by Marie MiguelDISCLAIMER (IMPORTANT): This information (including all text, images, audio, or other formats on FamilyHype.com) is not intended to be a substitute for informed professional advice, diagnosis, endorsement or treatment. You should not take any action or avoid taking action without consulting a qualified professional. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions about medical conditions. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking advice or treatment because of something you have read here a FamilyHype.com.