You carried your baby in your body for nine long months. Of course, you would only want what is best for your baby. The world they enter is full of risks and dangers. How do you ensure that playtime will be as safe and enjoyable as possible? What are the best baby care play mats for your baby? How do you choose one?
Here Are Some Points To Consider:
Baby Play Mat
This is one of the best baby play mats because it is considered extra large since this play mat is as big as a queen mattress and it offers a safe reversible foam.
- These Baby Care Haute Collection play mats offer innovative cushioning and nontoxic & safe materials.
This type of baby play mat is waterproof and very easy to wipe clean. But unfortunately, it is not machine washable. This babycare play mat product also comes with a 2-year warranty hence you can buy it in a store with confidence.
- The non-slip reversible foam mat is made of non-toxic and baby-friendly materials, it is also a waterproof mat baby gear item and has a nonslip design which makes it ideal for infants who are just starting to crawl.
- While this floor mat for kids is waterproof, it is unfortunately not machine washable.
- These floor mats have unique patterns, characters, and designs and it helps boost your child’s imagination and intellect while playing on them.
Gimars Reversible Foldable
- The large baby play mat measures 71 x 79 x 0.6 inches thick, it is spacious, and colorful, and provides more cushion to keep your baby safe while crawling, walking, and standing.
- These floor mats are easy to set up and fold and can be carried anywhere in the house so you can keep doing your chores while keeping an eye on your little one.
Thick Crawling Mat
- The large baby crawling play mat measures 71″ x 59″ x 4 inches thick and it is made of XPE eco-friendly materials. It is lightweight, waterproof, and safe for your tiny love.
- These floor mats have a 10 mm thick foam with superior shock absorption and thermal insulation properties therefore you can be sure that your child is safe when playing on it while it is rolled out on the hardwood floors.
Whether it is plain or printed, it is better to get baby care play mats in light hues. These colors are easy on your baby’s eyes. Pastel or a combination of black and white may be good ideas. The light colors will also make it easier for you to see any foreign object that you either need to keep or put in the garbage. Babies are prone to choking hazards; the best baby care playmat is where a small foreign object must easily be detectable. You do not want any small object to end up in your baby’s mouth and damage there to your tiny love!
Your baby care play mats should cover a huge part of the room where your child will be playing. This will ensure that your baby will always be on the safety and comfort of the mat. For your toddler, 5 feet by 7 feet mat is the right size. Aside from your baby playing in it, you should be able to sit with your baby too. There are times, also, when it will be necessary to cuddle or even roll on the mat with your baby!
Material For Best BabyCare Play Mat
You want a material that is comfortable for your baby. Your baby will be spending a lot of time on their mats for kids. He will have playtime, meal times, and even nap times. The material should be soft enough. Usually, foam, to be comfortable during those hours of joy. The playmat should also not have small parts that can be choking hazards for your baby! The best babycare play mat is made of breathable cloth that will ensure comfort.
Other than being soft, the material of the baby care play mats should also be safe for your child. Babies always put things in their mouths. Your baby may bite the edge pieces of the mat or drop objects on it that would, later on, end up in his or her mouth. This means the material of these mats for kids should be free from BPA, phthalates, lead, latex, formaldehyde, or EVA.
Easy To Clean
Yes, there is that word. An essential part of your day is cleaning after your baby. You may be cleaning non-stop throughout the day on top of everything else that you need to do. So, the more time you get to save from cleaning, the better. This means that your playmat and activity gym should be easy to clean. Most playmats consist of squares that you will need to assemble on the floor during playtime, and those can occupy a lot of your time! You need to separate the squares, clean each one, and make sure that no food or dirt is on the sides, then put the floor tiles in a box or a corner for storage. Other playmats do not need to be taken apart but are made of one piece. You can just wipe it down with a damp cloth and roll it to put it away. Either way, you need to be vigilant in cleaning them. Any mats for kids that you can simply wipe down instead of washing, such as those made of cloth, or vacuuming, inc. traditional area rugs, are better. Babies are notorious for soiling their places despite needing a really clean space, so this is an essential consideration for baby care playmats.
Pattern Or Design
Of course, the pattern or design on the playmat and other baby products is also essential for your baby’s development. Most playmats come plain but in different colors. The colors stimulate your baby so light colors would be better. You can also opt for baby gear designs such as the alphabet or animals. Looking at these patterns on the mats for babies can make playtime and their activity gym more fun for your baby!
Baby Play Mats Frequently Asked Questions
Last Updated on May 9, 2023 by Lisette LaoDISCLAIMER (IMPORTANT): This information (including all text, images, audio, or other formats on FamilyHype.com) is not intended to be a substitute for informed professional advice, diagnosis, endorsement or treatment. You should not take any action or avoid taking action without consulting a qualified professional. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions about medical conditions. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking advice or treatment because of something you have read here a FamilyHype.com.