“Babies’ skin is thinner and more prone to irritation, but it is very resilient,” says Bruce Brod, a famous dermatologist in Philadelphia. Your toddler’s skin is extra sensitive. Hence, proper care is essential.
How To Take Care Of Your Toddler’s Skin
There are several ways to take care of your toddler’s skin. Below are some techniques you can take into account.
- It is a misconception that cleanliness is all about the frequency of bath times per day. However, it is important to remember to bathe your child only when necessary. Focus on the creases of the body, such as the toddler’s genitals, toes, knees, neck, armpits, and area behind the air. Also, take into account that when the baby is in the water, 2 inches of plain water is enough. Exposing them to soapy water for a long time may result in dry skin.
- Diaper rash happens when the babies wear their dirty diapers for too long. To prevent this, change the diapers on a regular basis. Apply a diaper cream to the toddler’s skin as well as every change.
- Scan product labels and choose those that have few ingredients. Avoid those that have formaldehyde, parabens, or fragrances in them. These are chemicals that can irritate the skin of the baby. The best lotion for a toddler is kid-friendly and does not use a lot of chemicals.
- Experts recommend that parents apply moisturizers to their baby’s skin. The best lotion for dry toddler skin is without dyes or fragrances. If your child has normal skin, moisturizing once a day is enough, but if it is super dry, opt for moisturizing twice daily.
- Always dress your baby with care. Wool and cashmere are only some materials which can be irritating to the skin. The best types of clothes are those made of soft cotton. Aside from considering the right fabric, make sure to wash everything which will touch your toddler’s skin.
- Babies have less pigment on their skin, which protects them from the sun. Hence, it is essential to avoid direct contact or any kind of strong exposure from the UV rays. When heading outside, you can use an umbrella or stroller shade to block the sun. It is also recommended to apply sunscreen before taking a walk.
Factors To Consider When Choosing The Best Lotion
As mentioned above, moisturizing the baby’s skin is essential when growing up. If you want to combat this kind of dryness, there are many products available on the market. With this growing size of choices, there might be times you’ll get confused about what to choose. If you are overwhelmed by the choices of the best lotion for a toddler, this is the right article for you. Hence, here are some things to consider when selecting the best lotion for dry toddler skin:
- Avoid lotions that contain a massive list of ingredients. An effective moisturizer does not need that much to make it safe and great.
- Do not buy scented products. These might cause problems to your toddler’s skin through allergies or eczema. If you prefer something that has a little bit of scent on it, opt for those naturally scented lotions which use essential oils rather than various chemical components.
- Avoid those products with “water” as part of its ingredients list. These more likely need preservatives and fillers, which may cause side effects to the skin.
Best Lotion For Toddler Dry Skin
To find the best lotion for dry toddler skin, here is a list of the best brands and its unique offerings which can be a big help to you:
- Aveeno Baby Daily Moisture Lotion – This is the best lotion for dry toddler skin. It relieves itchy skin for hours without making it feel sticky.
- Cetaphil Baby Daily Lotion – This is considered the best organic baby lotion. It is composed of sunflower oil, organic calendula, and sweet almond oil. It is also hypoallergenic, as tested by dermatologists, so it is least likely to result in allergies.
- Mustela Hydra Bebe Body Lotion -What’s unique about this lotion is that it contains natural avocado extracts. Because of this, it creates a long-lasting and non-greasy moisturizing effect.
- Johnson’s Head-To-Toe Baby Lotion- Of course, the ever trusted Johnson’s brand is part of the list of the best lotion for a toddler. It is full of vitamin E, which keeps the toddler’s skin glowing and healthy. To add further protection to the skin, the lotion is pH balanced as well.
- Sebamed Baby Lotion – Sebamed Baby Lotion is here to top the list of the best lotion for dry toddler skin. Compared to other lotions, it matches the pH of healthy skin at 5.5. It contributes to the non-irritating characteristic of the moisturizer.
With the store shelves filling itself with numerous lotion competitors, all with different formulations, choosing the right brand might get a little bit tricky. However, if you take into consideration all of the things mentioned above, picking the right brand will be a piece of cake.
Can toddlers use regular lotion?
Usually, an adult lotion is gentle and can be used by the toddler as well. But if you want to be sure, it is best to consult the doctor first.
Which lotion is best for baby in winter?
Winter is a dry season that takes away the moisture of the skin. To help in this, here are the best ones to use for the baby, Johnson’s Baby Lotion, Burt’s Bees, Cetaphil Restoraderm, and Mustela Hydra Bebe.
Is Aveeno lotion safe for babies?
Yes, it is safe because it is phthalate-free, fragrance-free, and paraben-free. Aveeno Baby Lotion is made for babies with dry skin and sensitive skin.
Which baby lotion is best for fair skin?
Lotion keeps the baby’s skin soft and moisturized. Highly-recommended products are Puracy Organic Lotion, CeraVe Lotion, Earth Mama Lavender, Aveeno Daily Moisture, and Burt’s Bees Baby.
Can I use Dove soap on my toddler?
Pediatricians recommend using baby soaps since they contain fewer chemicals. But as the baby becomes a toddler, Dove gets the approval since it is mild, unscented, but moisturizing.
Is Neosporin safe for toddlers?
Neosporin is antibiotics which can only be bought under prescription. Physicians usually give Neosporin to a child that is at least two years old.
What is the safest baby lotion?
Lotion for babies must be mild enough and free from harmful chemicals. Aveeno baby face lotion has always been a top choice for babies.
How can I make my baby skin fair naturally?
To maintain the baby skin fair, here are some helpful tips. Give the babies bath regularly and frequently change their diapers to avoid rash. Also, always moisturize the baby’s skin by using lotion safe for babies.DISCLAIMER (IMPORTANT): This information (including all text, images, audio, or other formats on FamilyHype.com) is not intended to be a substitute for informed professional advice, diagnosis, endorsement or treatment. You should not take any action or avoid taking action without consulting a qualified professional. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions about medical conditions. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking advice or treatment because of something you have read here a FamilyHype.com.
Last Updated on: