When you think of children’s scooters, you may imagine them built for older kids. However, there are scooters available for all age ranges, including younger kids.
A scooter can help the child’s leg muscles improve, and it teaches them about mobility. They are also safe for toddlers. They won’t go as fast and have less of a chance of tripping. Of course, with a scooter, you should buy them protective gear like a helmet, knee pads, and gloves.
Best Scooter For Toddlers
When looking for the best toddler scooters, here are a few things you should consider.
- A toddler may have a hard time steering if the wheels move too fast. Luckily, most toddler scooters have handles that are easy for your child to steer and are soft on their hands. This one allows you to be at ease.
Not too Fast
- An older child will love a scooter that will go fast. However, a scooter should go at a slower pace. A fast scooter can be dangerous and may scare the toddler. Toddler scooters go at a fast enough pace to be thrilling for a child, yet slow enough to be less risky.
- A scooter built for older kids will have two wheels, and the child must balance while riding. It can be challenging for a toddler and possibly dangerous. A toddler scooter will have three or even four wheels for extra stability and safety. When your child grows and get older, you can graduate them to a two-wheeled type.
- Having vivid colors will capture your kid’s attention. Meanwhile, a scooter for an older audience may have toned down colors.
- You don’t want their scooter to be massive. Many are lightweight and some are even foldable to have extra storage and portability.
- A kid can be reckless. You’ll need one that can stand up to their active lifestyle, with wheels that can go for many miles.
Without further ado, here are a few toddler’s scooters you may want.
Radio Flyer My 1st Scooter For Toddlers
- It’s suitable for younger kids, and its two-wheeled front lets the child steer with ease. Its base is broad, so your toddler doesn’t fall, and the grip handle is easy to use. With either pink or red to choose from, any kid will love it.
Razor Jr. Folding Scooters
- This one is quite sturdy. It’s another three-wheeled type, giving the child balance and stability. You can even fold it. This one allows you or even your child to carry it around and take it during travels. The grips are soft and foamy, allowing your child to hold on with ease. It is safe and can teach your child how to roam the road. The wheels are sturdy too. It’ll last a long time, even for your future kids. This Razor is one of the best toddler scooters.
YBIKE GLZ 3-Wheel Scooter
- When you’re trying to use your scooter, the YBIKE GLX is the way to go. Its deck is even more supportive, allowing for a smooth ride. With a 44-pound weight capacity, you’re going to be happy knowing your child can handle it as your child grows. It’s high-quality, lightweight, portable, has extra wheels, and is easy to steer. Check out more YBike series here: https://nymag.com/strategist/article/best-kids-scooter.html.
Micro Maxi Babies Kick Scooter
- This Swiss scooter is excellent for younger children. It is superb that gives your child once they leave that phase. Despite the babies in the title, it can even work well for preteens. The wheels are high-quality, sturdy, and can handle some rough areas. Not to mention, you can replace the parts if you need to. This big, powerful ride is one that your kid is going to love. You can also check the review here: https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/reviews/best-kids-scooters/.
Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Toddler Scooter
- Fisher-Price is always a good brand as it always promotes learning and fun. Besides having basic features, it can teach a child about basic educational facts. Numbers, letters, shapes, and everything else. Also, the lessons start simple and then become more advanced as your child grows and develops more skills.
- It’s great for fun and education. It’ll educate your child as they kick around and enjoy the world around them.
- It’s great to help your child gow, and generations of toddlers will love it. We say give it a try.
Little Tikes Lean To Turn
- This one is great for your little girl. It’s pink and has three wheels of balance. Your girl can carry it with ease, as it’s only around five pounds. And no assembly required. What is there not to love when it comes to this scooter?
- It’s cheap, and it’s one of those toys that your kid will grow out of, but we believe your kid will love it when they are in that age range, so it’s still worth a purchase.
Globber 3-Wheel Light Up Scooters
- Do you know what kids love? Things that light up! This 3-wheeled type lights up and is adjustable. It is extendable to adjust with your child’s growth and has up to 110 pounds in weight capacity. It allows you to have a good investment and not just a scooter they will outgrow. Not to mention, it’s very high quality, and it should last for a good while. It also has a button lock wheel design, which is warranted if your child is a toddler. It allows your child to adjust to balancing and other more advanced features.
Bonus Important Content: The Top Scooters to Buy For Toddlers and Older Kids
Kick Scooter Vs. Electric Scooters
There are many types, and one of the two main choices when deciding on a scooter is whether or not you want a kick scooter or an electric one. Let’s compare the two and find out which one is ideal for you.
A kick scooter powered by kicking forward. It doesn’t use any electricity or anything to power it other than a good kick. It is the cheaper option, as a kick scooter has no engine or batteries. An electric type may be able to be kicked too, depending on what kind it is. Kick scooter encourages exercise, and it may be the top parent’s choice because of that. A kick scooter will grow with your child, too. The bigger they are, the more they can go faster thanks to the kick scooter. Try out a kick scooter today, and if it isn’t for you, you can try the electric type.
This one is any scooter that uses electricity to move around. While it doesn’t have the exercise of its kick counterpart, it’s still quite lovely, and it allows your child to drive on an electric charge. Different types of scooters will have different ride times. Always charge the scooter overnight, and make sure it will last long enough for your kid.
The mini kick is a scooter that is for toddlers and young children. It accounts for the fact that the toddler won’t be able to kick it that far. It is something for your little one, and we highly recommend your child try it out. It isn’t meant for older kids, however. That’s why it is just mini.
Toddler or Kids’ Scooter
While this article is about toddler scooters, you have to remember that some children are taller, and maybe more suited for a kid’s scooter. Toddler scooters typically are suitable for children 1-3 years of age because of the type of wheel design they feature, but if your child is a bit past that, you may want to skip out on the toddler scooters and buy one for an older audience. Plus, toddler scooters may be a little bit too childish. You may have to think about how long these will last for your kid as your child grows.
Other Features To Consider
The color can say a lot about the kid’s personality. Many scooters will have many colors to choose from, so make sure your kid’s favorite color is available.
You want one that adjusts as your kid grows. A kids’ scooter will have a maximum height. Still, a proper height adjustable scooter will be able to be adjusted for a good while, so remember that and see how much elevation is in a height-adjustable scooter.
When looking for adjustable handlebars, always see how many inches the adjustable height can go. Some with adjustable handlebars can go quite far and give your kids quite a bit of room to grow. These adjustable height types may go from young childhood to older childhood.
Good Hand Grips
You want to be sure that your child can hold onto the scooter without any slipping and with comfort. Test out the handgrips.
The 3-wheel type is a right start scooter for your child. You may wonder what the difference between a 3-wheel and one with two wheels is. The two-wheel set is a bit harder to balance, but the trade-off is that it’s more portable. However, a child who is starting will probably benefit from what a three-wheel scooter. A three-wheel type will either have one front wheel and two rear wheels or two front wheels and one rear wheel. This all depends on the manufacturer.
Flashing Wheels or Light up Wheels
You may want one with flashing wheels or light up wheels as well. Besides the fact that it looks cool, the ones with flashing wheels or light up wheels can alert people if your kid is in the dark and using their scooter. With that said, always make sure to bring your kids inside. A scooter with flashing wheels or light up wheels could still be useful, with all things considered, especially if your kid can control the light-up wheels.
It’s Easy to Control and Ride
Perhaps the best thing to look for in a scooter is how easy it is to control or ride for your child. Here are a few examples to consider.
Excellent balance and coordination. You may need a bigger or a full deck if your young one has trouble with motor skills.
A smooth ride. The kick scooters you should look for should be able to handle some rough terrain.
Your kick scooters should have an adjustable T bar to allow easy turning. If the handlebar isn’t adjustable, it better exceed in other departments.
A scooter for kids should have a sharp turning radius to allow smooth turns, too.
Best Scooters For Kids & Toddlers
Let’s look at a few more scooters, shall we?
YBIKE Kids GLX Cruze Scooters
- If you’re looking for a toddler scooter, then the YBIKE Kids GLX Cruze is an excellent choice. The YBIKE Kids GLX Cruze is a colorful, 3-wheel kick scooter that has quite a few features, including safety. When you’re buying a scooter, you want to make sure that it has a large deck, good balance, and is of plastic materials that are soft on your child. The YBIKE Kids GLX Cruze is a great choice to help your toddler up to 5 years build their motor skills and teach them how to ride a scooter with grace. The YBIKE Kids GLX Cruze is also great to learn to steer on. This 3-wheel kick scooter will be one for the ages. At least until ages 5, that is.
Den Haven Kids Scooters
- The Den Haven Kids 3 wheel kick scooter is another excellent young children scooter. It is a high-quality type and has a few features you would expect out of a kick scooter, including a handlebar that locks in. It also has adjustable handlebars and a rear brake that’s quite nice to use. Plus, its frame is made from high-quality aluminum, allowing your kids to have the smoothest ride possible. What kid won’t love this lovely scooter? We can’t think of any.
Maxi Kick Scooters
- The Maxi Kick is one of the coolest scooters around. The Maxi Kick is highly rated for a good reason. It’s a great wheel toddlers scooter. It has big wheels that are powerful and up to 5 inches. They also have a partially aluminum frame and rear fender brakes. This toddler wheel scooter has folding technology to make storage great as well. It’s a folding kiddie kick scooter! The folding kiddie kick scooter also has lean to steer technology. For those who are unaware, lean-to-steer allows your child to steer better. You lean the handlebars to turn. It’s a cool kids’ scooter that will have your kid coming back for more.
Smizze Deluxe Kick Scooters
- The Smizze Deluxe Kick Scooter is another popular one. It’s one of the top kid’s scooters. So, what does it have that other scooters don’t? For one thing, the Smizze Deluxe has a unique tilt mechanism that prevents crashing thanks to its metal plate. It’s also an adjustable little scooter for kids. Besides that, it has a unique style that kids, toddlers, and other folks will love. Try it out.
Micro Mini Original Scooters
- The Micro Mini Original is useful yet straightforward in its design. It delivers a smooth ride with a wide base and comes in unique colors. It’s the right scooter for kids and toddlers. Some parents may be looking for scooters that have a little more, but children at heart will love its simplicity.
Micro Mini Deluxe Toddlers Scooters
- When you’re looking for the top toddler and kids scooters, the Micro Mini Deluxe can win some hearts. So what is the Micro Mini Deluxe? It is known for its smoothness that also has learn to steer technology once again. It boasts a micro kickboard that has this technology. This micro kickboard is also one of the smoothest rides on the market. It’s highly, highly rated, making it a great choice and the top kids scooter we’ve seen.
Radio Flyer My First Scooter
- The Radio Flyer My 1st Scooter is not a scooter for kids but is a great one for a little toddler. This Radio Flyer has a wide base and a simple design and looks that your little one will love. Give it a go and see what we mean. Chances are, your little one will love this Radio Flyer.
If your child needs a scooter, be it a wheel glider kick, an electric, or any other scooter, it can be a fun way to travel and teach them responsibility. Give them a go and see what we’re saying.
There are many unique scooters that toddlers and older kids will love. If you want to introduce your child to vehicles, this is an excellent way to start. The scooters for toddlers will depend on your child’s needs and whether or not you want one that grows with your child.
No matter which one you choose, you’re going to have a lot of fun watching your toddler.
Last Updated on May 10, 2022 by Marie MiguelDISCLAIMER (IMPORTANT): This information (including all text, images, audio, or other formats on FamilyHype.com) is not intended to be a substitute for informed professional advice, diagnosis, endorsement or treatment. You should not take any action or avoid taking action without consulting a qualified professional. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions about medical conditions. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking advice or treatment because of something you have read here a FamilyHype.com.