- You may think that YouTube for children and other digital media have made DVD series, collections, and other physical media obsolete.
- However, there are many reasons why having informative DVDs and collections for your kid is a good move.
- You never know when there will be an Internet outage or when you will be somewhere that lacks internet but has a DVD player.
- Alternatively, you may be going for a drive and have a laptop or portable CD player, allowing your kids to stay entertained on the road.
- While your kids shouldn’t be on TV all day, having to watch some informative shows is always a good move for them.
- To enhance your kids’ learning experience, you can also explore the best educational websites for kids, which offer numerous interactive resources and activities.
Earth Science By Rock ‘N Learn Educational DVDs For Children
As the name implies, these DVDs teach children how the Earth works in an entertaining and informational way. Learning about how the Earth is structured and how there are many different types of rocks and other sites is always so interesting, and your kid will love every bit of it.
VeggieTales: 25th Anniversary 10-Movie Collection
VeggieTales is a CGI series that has been going on for a long time if the name of this box set has anything to tell you. It is a series that is based on Christianity, so it’s not for all parents. However, the series is beloved even by people who don’t have much faith, as it puts entertainment and fun before its moral lessons, which it does have in spades. One thing to look out for is that the title is misleading. It’s not 10 movies, but instead two movies and eight episodes.
Liberty’s Kids: The Complete Series DVD
If you want to get your children a history lesson in an entertaining way, here you go. This animated series teaches all about American history, and it has an all-star cast with Walter Cronkite, Whoopi Goldberg, and even Arnold Schwarzenegger. No, the Terminator doesn’t show up in the Revolutionary War.
Richard Scarry’s Informational Video For Children
There are plenty of informational DVD collections that teach your little one the ABCs, but Richard Scarry is still one of the best people to do it. This video set teaches children the ABCs, with a story devoted to each letter. It’s a short video of only 30 minutes, but it’s one of the best children will keep learning from.
LeapFrog: Letter Factory Informational Video For Children
LeapFrog has been a big name in programming for many years, and the Letter Factory DVDs have been popular one for a long time. This is because it’s the perfect combination of learning and entertainment. The plot is what you would expect, with a factory that shows all the different letters and the letter’s sounds. It’s a musical, humorous, and great show to give to your children. Try it out today and see if your children will love it. Chances are, they will learn the alphabet in no time.
Any Sesame Street CDs
One of the most popular learning DVD collections, Sesame Street, has been the number one name in children’s programs for 50 years, and it shows no signs of slowing down any time soon. That’s because it’s still the number one show in creativity, education, and humor. Who doesn’t love Big Bird, Elmo, Cookie Monster, Bert and Ernie, and all the other Muppets?
You can find plenty of Sesame Street collections that can satisfy your kid’s love for Sesame Street. There’s an upcoming 50th-anniversary DVD that’s worth checking out. There are a few collections that show the best of them. Some collections give you a variety of themes with a variety of characters. There’s even an old-school compilation with footage from the Sesame Street of old. While that is dated, it’s still quite entertaining and worth checking out.
Baby Einstein Collection
Baby Einstein is quite a popular show, teaching young children all about the world in a way that sticks to them. If you’re unsure of which one to get, why not the entire collection? This show is great for learning, and this collection will have your children covered with hours of entertainment. Just put the Rock N Play sleeper in front of the TV, and your baby will be set.
Blue’s Clues: Blue’s Biggest Stories
Blues Clues is a popular children’s show, been around since 1997, with a new series in the works. It’s a show that combines entertainment, problem-solving, and education, all in a colorful world. Before the new series comes out, why not show them the best from the old series? These DVD collections have both Steve and Joe episodes, the two hosts that were in the series, and it’s well worth checking out.
Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood: It’s a Beautiful Day
Mr. Rogers is someone who is still beloved and talked about to this day and for a good reason. He was someone who talked to children like they were adults, giving them life lessons, wisdom, and education in a comfortable environment. Mr. Rogers himself practiced what he preached, being a man who was just as wholesome outside the studio as he was in it. Little children love him, adults love him, what’s not to love?
He’s been quite a legendary figure, and his works are timeless. If you want a good Mr. Rogers starter pack, this is a great DVD. It has 30 episodes, plus a bonus episode of the series premiere. Mr. Rogers’ Neighborhood was around for quite a bit, and this collection shows you just why he is still beloved to this day. It is a beautiful day in this neighborhood.
Why You Should Use Educatory Kids Videotapes
When it comes to helping children learn, many parents want to start early.
- Informational DVDs for kids are great for preschool prep since many 1-year-old kids enjoy these videos, especially when played on the best DVD player for toddler, and kids can learn many different things from sight words to even colors and numbers. We recommend starting your kids early on these DVDs for kids so that they can learn through the repetition of the media.
- There are plenty of different educational DVDs for kids that you can use, including sports, outdoors, informational DVDs, and even preschool math DVDs. Some kids like the sports outdoor DVDs because with sports outdoors learning DVDs, you can learn about the outside world, but also about different sports.
- Other popular informational DVDs for kids series that kids like is Sid the Science Kids, which teaches different scientific concepts.
- Educatory kids’ DVDs are beneficial for several reasons. Firstly, these DVDs cater to the specific learning needs of kids, providing age-appropriate content that aligns with their developmental stages. Secondly, educatory kids’ DVDs incorporate engaging visuals and interactive elements, making the learning experience more enjoyable and effective for kids.
- Additionally, these DVDs often cover a wide range of informational topics, helping kids develop a diverse set of skills and knowledge. Parents and educators can create a dynamic and enriching informational environment that fosters curiosity and a love for learning in kids by using educatory kids’ DVDs.
Pairing The Videotapes With Books
It’s recommended that you consider pairing your DVD collections with an audio series and Kindle series. That’s because there are plenty of books for children that also have an audiobook option. With audible listening to books, you can even take the book listening with you. While Audiobooks may not work with all children, some of them really like it.
There is also the audio performances book depository, which is great for some parents who want to give their children something to listen to. If you’re looking for physical books as well as DVD collections and audiobooks, you can always get some great deals from Abebooks Books Art collectibles, which has thousands of books for a great price. If you’ve ever considered possibly writing a book or making an audiobook, there is plenty of audiobook publishing made easy, too, so if you’ve ever had the urge to write a book for children, this is a great thing to do.
Pairing books with DVD collection helps children learn far more, and it can help solidify many important points in their lives. For parents, having these in place will help their child, especially in the preschool and formative years, help them understand different concepts which will help them succeed with time.
There are many reasons to still buy a DVD collection. These items are also easy to ship by purchasing them online. With that said, always make sure that you’re the one handling them. DVD collections are infamous for being fragile, so make sure your children aren’t playing with them or breaking them over their heads.
Overall, these DVD collections combine education and fun, and we feel like you’re going to love them. If you’re someone who wants to teach your children the value of learning and fun, these DVD collections are for them. Try them out and see what we mean.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Are The Best Children’s Informational Videos?
- Some of the best educational DVDs for all kids and ages in the 21st century are TV Teacher: Alphabet Beats, Baby Learns Alphabet and Phonics, Sesame Street’s All-Star Alphabet, and Barney: Animal ABCs. There are also education DVDs for kids from the 90s that can still be found in the online business shop today, such as Rock ‘N Learn: Letter Sounds and Richard Scarry’s Best Video Ever!
Should Babies Watch Learning Videos?
- Yes, kids and babies should watch videos to learn the basics of knowledge early. A learning video for kids can help them discover many things from animals to basic motor skills. However, make sure that kids are a few meters away from the screen all the time.
How Can Make My Child Enjoy Learning?
You can make your child enjoy learning by giving them interactive materials. For instance, instead of a regular ABC book, show them a picture book with the names of the objects under the images.
Is There A Study Supporting The Use Of Informational DVD Collection?
Unfortunately,, some studies claim that watching informational DVD collections does not encourage children to focus on learning materials more. Others say that it may even cause them to talk later than their peers. These can be bad results.
Can 3-Month-Old Babies Watch DVD Collection?
Yes, 3-month-old babies can watch TV, given that they are not too close to it. Approximately 40% of infants do it at this age.
How Can I Motivate My 5-Year-Old Child To Study For Them To Become Smarter?
You can motivate your 5-year-old to study by focusing first on the subjects that they are most interested in. Once you reach the topics that they do not seem to care for, parents can go as far as bribing them with candy or toys once they pass all the exams.
What Happens When A Child Is Spending Too Much Time On TV?
Toddlers who watch too much TV may not want to speak when they are supposed to. In other cases, it makes them lazy and not go outside to play with peers and explore the world.
How Can I Increase My Child’s IQ Level?
You can increase your child’s IQ level by giving them linguistic and verbal exercises. You can also add or give them mathematical questions to ensure both sides of the brain are improving.
Can A Child’s IQ Be Changed?
Yes, a child’s IQ can increase as the years go by. The older the child becomes, the more stable their IQ level is. A child’s IQ is generally considered to have a certain level of stability, but information interventions, such as using information DVDs for children, university programs, music, shapes, and flashcards, can potentially add to their cognitive development; however, it’s important to check and respect the individual rights and abilities of each child.
Are Readers Smarter Than Non-Readers?
Yes, readers are technically smarter than non-readers. The reason is that their vocabulary skills are more extensive than those of non-readers, thus allowing them to understand more topics.
Last Updated on May 13, 2023 by Jeanne MeetsDISCLAIMER (IMPORTANT): This information (including all text, images, audio, or other formats on FamilyHype.com) is not intended to be a substitute for informed professional advice, diagnosis, endorsement or treatment. You should not take any action or avoid taking action without consulting a qualified professional. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions about medical conditions. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking advice or treatment because of something you have read here a FamilyHype.com.