When you think of a stroller, you tend to think that it’s for kids who are up to three years old, maybe four. Kids who are over 50 pounds tend to be in kindergarten or a similar grade. Why would they need a stroller? Well, there are a few reasons why investing in a stroller for children over 50 pounds is a smart move, and in this post, we will explain more.
Why A Child Over 50 Pounds Needs A Stroller
- They’re Tired
Even after 50 pounds, there are still some children who are still taking naps and who are tired after a long day at the park. A stroller is a good investment if you want your child to take a nap as you push them back to the car or wherever they need to go. A tired kid is an irritated one, and sometimes you just want a place for them to crash while you leave. Here is your option.
- They Have A Disability, Surgery, Or Other Injury
If your child has a disability that makes walking difficult, or they are recovering from another type of surgery, a stroller may be a good investment to push them around. Even as a temporary use, investing in a big kid stroller is a smart move when you don’t need a wheelchair just yet.
- They’ve Had A Growth Spurt
Some kids are still young, but they may have had a growth spurt that has made it much more difficult to be in their regular stroller. Some kids have that spurt early, and may still need a stroller regardless.
- They Just Want To
Sometimes, they just want to ride in a stroller for a little while longer, and why not give them the opportunity to? They’re only young once, so we think that a stroller may be worth an investment.
With that said, you don’t want them to become too dependent on it. They can’t be in their teens and still wanting you to stroll them around. Make it an occasional thing, especially when they are tired.
What To Look For In A Stroller For Bigger Kids
- Weight Capacity
This is the obvious one. If your kid has a sudden growth spurt, you don’t want a stroller that doesn’t allow room for growth. Some of the strollers on this list barely cut it at 55 pounds, while others go over 100. Think about how much weight you need.
- The Stroller Weight Itself
Also, think about how heavy you want the stroller to be. Heavier strollers may be able to hold more, but they are a hassle to carry around, and they may not be as good to store as other strollers. You may want a stroller that is a balance of both.
- Other Features
In addition, you may want to look for a stroller that has some storage space or good maneuverability. You may want a stroller that has other features as well, such as a good canopy. With a stroller for bigger kids, there are fewer bells and whistles, to be honest.
The Best Strollers To Check Out
Now, let’s look at some strollers for your child over 50 pounds.
- GB Pockit Plus
This is a stroller that is quite minimalistic. It has a nice little umbrella canopy, a basket, and four wheels. It’s quite lightweight, so if you’re looking for a stroller you can carry around, it’s quite portable at 13 pounds. With that said, its weight limit isn’t flexible. It’s 55 pounds, which may turn off some parents from getting it if they need a stroller for a little while longer. But if you need a stroller that inches a little bit above 50 pounds, there you are.
This stroller is a jogging stroller, which means that it is great for mothers or fathers who want to go on a little jog in addition to strolling their child. This stroller has three wheels, making it much easier for you to turn and maneuver it. When you’re running around and there are tight corners or spaces, you can’t go wrong with this stroller. At 22 pounds, this stroller is a little heavy, but it does support up to 65 pounds.
Also, a jogging parent is another reason why you may need a bigger stroller. You may be able to run a marathon, but your kid may not!
This is another stroller designed for jogging. It’s another stroller that is quite heavy, going up to 27.5 pounds, but the trade off is that you have a nice weight capacity. You can hold a child up to 75 pounds, making it an awesome little stroller. So get out there and jog, and let your kid sit down.
This is one of the coolest ideas for a stroller around. It combines the stroller with a childhood favorite, the wagon. Children of all ages love lying in a wagon and having someone pull them, and this is a wagon they can lie on, with the shade protecting them from any annoying sunlight.
Also, the weight capacity of this stroller is awesome. If you’re 110 pounds or lighter, you can take a ride in this wagon. Some petite adults could ride in this thing. Your kid will feel like a king or queen as they ride in this wagon.
FAQs To Help You!
What is the maximum weight for a stroller?
The weight limit of a stroller depends on what type of stroller you get. There are strollers that have a low weight limit, usually a lightweight stroller, and then there are those with a higher weight limit. Some can go well over 50 pounds. A high weight limit stroller has its uses, such as a small child who has had a long day at the park, or a disabled child. No matter what, always check the weight limit on your stroller and make sure your child isn’t above said weight limit.
Does a 3 year old need a stroller?
After age three, the need for a stroller lessens. At this age, kids can walk around on their own and don’t need an umbrella stroller, jogging stroller, or any other kind. Of course, there are exceptions to every rule. If you’re taking your toddler to a place that has a lot of walking, a stroller may be a good place for them to rest if they get worn out. With that said, a stroller is not a necessity for most 3 year olds.
Does a 5 year old need a stroller?
By five, your child is now in school, is growing, and needs fewer naps. Most five year olds won’t need a stroller. Again, if your little one has a disability, or is worn out after a long day, maybe a high weight limit stroller can help. With that said, it’s highly unlikely that your kindergarten-aged child will need a stroller.
How much weight can a double stroller hold?
A double stroller is quite useful if you have twins or two young children who aren’t too far apart in age. Like a normal stroller, a double stroller will have a weight limit that varies. Obviously, a double stroller is going to have a higher weight limit to accommodate two children, but it may vary. When searching for a double stroller, read the weight limit and see which one is for you. In this case, a higher weight limit can help.
At what age does a child stop using a stroller?
Usually, a child stops using a stroller at around three, but there may be circumstances when they should use a stroller. There is no magic age to stop using it, but obviously, they’re going to have to stop after a little while. If they’re older and still using one, make sure the weight limit does comply.
What is the weight limit on umbrella strollers?
Again, the weight limit is something that you will have to see when you choose one, as umbrella strollers can have a weight limit that does vary. Like any stroller, you do not want to go above the weight limit.
With that said, what are the best umbrella strollers? These are strollers, also known as convenience strollers, that give you the basics and are cheaper. However, they can still be a great stroller. Let’s take a look at some of the best umbrella strollers.
In the world of umbrella strollers, the Summer 3Dlite stands out as one of the best strollers if you’re on a budget. It’s an overall great stroller. Let’s look at some of its features:
- It’s easy to push. This easy to push feature is done via is lightweightedness. An easy to push single stroller needs not only great wheels, but it should feel like you’re pushing nothing at all. This easy to push single stroller is one of the best strollers in that regard.
- This line of umbrella strollers fold well. Umbrella strollers in general should fold if they want to be a great stroller. After all, you’re traveling a lot, and you don’t want to lug a giant single stroller on you. This single stroller
- Despite it being lightweight and minimal, this brand of umbrella strollers has quite a bit of storage. With a big basket, you can put virtually anything in it.
- This line of umbrella strollers has some great reclining. With four positions, your child will be comfortable as you take this stroller out for a ride.
Being one of the best umbrella strollers, you should check it out.
What is the best stroller for a 3 year old?
When you’re three, you’re a big kid now. Therefore, you’ll need a big kid stroller to compensate. A big kid stroller, which we’ll talk about more later, is less common, but some parents may find some value out of it. Here are some big kid strollers that work great with your emerging big kid.
Britax is one of the most trusted names in strollers, and it makes sense that they would make a big kid stroller for your 3-year-old. This big kid stroller is indeed big, with a weight limit of about 55 pounds. This big kid stroller works well for a long day at the park. A few of its features include:
- Lightweight. This big kid stroller may be for big kids, but it manages to be quite easy for you to push.
- It has a peek a boo window so your big kid can sleep while you check up on them.
- One of its best stroller features is that it’s good for a travel system as well. If you have a Britax car seat, you can put the car seat in there and make it a stroller for your baby. Just make sure you have the right car seat.
- This big kid stroller has a nice footrest. When your big kid needs a break, the footrest keeps their feet nice and comfortable. And it adjusts, so even if your toddler isn’t a big kid, they can enjoy this.
- Other stroller features include having a deep storage basket. All of the big kid strollers should have a great storage basket. A big kid gets hungry and fussy, so having all your supplies can help them calm down and enjoy the day.
If you’re looking for a big kid stroller, one with a bigger weight limit works. Go shopping for a big kid stroller and see what you can find.
Does a 6 year old need a stroller at Disney World?
Disney World can be a magical time. There’s so much to do, so much to see, and even if you’re there for a week, you may feel like you haven’t seen it all. For adults, Disney can be a tiring experience, and especially for a 6-year-old. When they are exhausted, having a big kid stroller can be useful for when they need to nap or rest their feet. Disney World should have plenty of strollers for big kids.
The park may have strollers for big kids you can rent that are designed for a big kid. This way, you don’t have to buy your own, because in most circumstances, your 6-year-old won’t need it. Also, strollers for big kids can be great for Disney World because it allows you to carry snacks and other goods through the comfort of the basket or other carrying methods. Look for strollers for big kids whenever you’re at Disney World.
Does a 4 year old need a stroller at Disney World?
See the previous question. A four year old will probably need strollers for big kids more than a 6-year-old, so make sure that you rent one out if you need one. Strollers for big kids that accommodate a fussy kid at Disney World is a smart purchase, and Disney World has plenty of big kid strollers you can rent out. Look for some strollers for big kids.
What is the best stroller for a toddler?
If you’re looking for the best stroller for a toddler, then you’ve come to the right place. Toddlers are very volatile. They’re not big kids yet, and you need a stroller that manages to keep them satisfied. So what is the best stroller in that case? The best stroller is the Chicco Liteway. Let’s look at some of the features of the best stroller.
- One of the reasons why this is the best stroller is that it’s easy to fold and store. There’s no hassle, making it great for traveling or for someone who just likes to pack light. The Liteway is the best stroller in that regard.
- Once again, this stroller has a canopy you can remove, with a little peek a boo window. This is something any of the best strollers should have.
- If you’re looking for the best stroller, look for one with a good weight limit. This stroller has a weight limit of 40 pounds. Sure, there are bigger strollers out there, but this one has a huge weight limit for being so lightweight. Another reason why it’s the best stroller.
- It has an adjustable backrest that you can move around with one hand. That’s another feature of any stroller that calls itself the best stroller. The best stroller should have a backrest that you can easily adjust.
What is the best double stroller to travel with?
If you’re looking for the best double stroller, (not to be confused with a tandem stroller,) you have a variety to choose from. One double stroller that works great is the Baby Trend Sit N Stand, or just the Baby Trend for short. Let’s look at some of the features of this Baby Trend double stroller.
- The Baby Trend allows you to put two infant car seats inside of it if your baby is young. This means that the Baby Trend can fit a young infant with ease, which is always a good thing, and the Baby Trend has that feature. This is why it’s the best double stroller.
- The Baby Trend gives you variety, which is what you want out of a double stroller. For example, the Baby Trend allows children to sit in both the rear and front seats, which is something that other strollers do not. In addition, they can use the rear platform of the Baby Trend to stand. Again, there’s a reason why it’s the best double stroller.
- Cleaning and maintaining the Baby Trend is quite easy. You can clean the Baby Trend’s seat pad with some warm water, mild soap, and a cloth. In addition, all you need to do in order to check the Baby Trend is to make sure that no screws in the double stroller are loose. The Baby Trend has you covered when it comes to easiness. The best double stroller always makes sure everything is clean.
- The Baby Trend has a tray and a cup holder, which you can remove or swing away if you no longer want it. Some strollers don’t have that option, but the Baby Trend does, and we applaud the Baby Trend for that.
- The Baby Trend does have a removable rear seat as well if you want to convert the Baby Trend from a double stroller to a single one. Variety makes it the best double stroller around.
Overall, the Baby Trend is a great stroller for two babies. If you have double the trouble, the best double stroller is ideal, and the Baby Trend has you covered.
Before we go, let’s look at some of the features a double stroller should have:
- The double stroller can be tandem. What is a tandem double stroller? This means that the seats are stacked, not side by side. This makes the double stroller less wide. If you’re in some tight spaces, then a tandem double stroller can help quite a bit.
- The double stroller should be convertible. You may wonder what a convertible double stroller means. Let us explain. A convertible double stroller allows you to turn the stroller into single or double depending on what you need it for. A double stroller that’s convertible is great for those times when you may have one and not the other, or there’s a new one on the way. Get a convertible double stroller for this case.
- A double stroller should be easy to maneuver. This sounds quite obvious, but many types of double strollers do not control very well. A tandem double stroller may be easier to move around. When looking for a double stroller, always make sure it’s easy to push around. This will save you a lot of grief. Buy the best double stroller for your situation.
- Double strollers should be compact. This sounds obvious, but many parents buy double strollers that are bulky, then regret it when they have to travel or they have to store the stroller away. Double strollers, especially wide ones, aren’t going to be as easy to store as lightweight strollers. However, double strollers should still be relatively easy to install so that you can save yourself from a world of pain.
These are just a few features of double strollers to look out for.
How much weight can a jogging stroller hold?
Just like any other stroller, it’s going to depend on what jogging stroller you have. Let’s take a look at a few of the best jogging strollers around, and we’ll see which jogging stroller is the best one.
Bob Revolution Flex Baby Jogger 3.0
The Bob Revolution Flex Baby Jogger is one of our favorite ones when it comes to a jogging stroller. The Bob Revolution Flex Baby Jogger is designed for mothers who are always on the go. Let’s take a look at some of the awesome features of the Bob Revolution Flex Baby Jogger.
- First, the Bob Revolution Flex Baby Jogger has a high weight limit. When it comes to a jogging stroller, you sometimes want a higher weight limit to push yourself to the limits. The Bob Revolution Flex Baby Jogger has a weight limit of around 75 pounds, making it a jogging stroller for the ages.
- The Bob Revolution Flex Baby Jogger is very reflective. Some parents can only run in the morning or at night, making it hard for some people to see. The Bob Revolution Flex Baby Jogger implements reflective fabric so that anyone can see you, making the Bob Revolution Flex Baby Jogger one of the safest jogging strollers around.
- The Bob Revolution Flex Baby Jogger is quite stable. With a jogging stroller, you sometimes wonder whether or not it’s safe. You worry that your jogging stroller will tip over. The Bob Revolution Flex Baby Jogger is one that will not tip over no matter what. This jogger stroller will give you peace of mind, which only the Bob Revolution Flex Baby Jogger can provide.
- The Bob Revolution Flex Baby Jogger is very adjustable. If you want to make sure you’re comfortable, the Bob Revolution Flex Baby Jogger has 9 positions to choose from in the handlebar alone. When you’re running, you want a smooth experience, and the Bob Revolution Flex Baby Jogger provides.
- In addition, the Bob Revolution Flex Baby Jogger has air-filled tires that are hard to beat. A parent can run over all kinds of terrain, and the air in the Bob Revolution Flex Baby Jogger won’t go out or have any problems. This makes the Bob Revolution Flex Baby Jogger a jogger stroller to remember it by.
- If you’re looking for a jogger stroller that is tough, the Bob Revolution Flex Baby Jogger Stroller provides. The Bob Revolution Flex Baby Jogger Stroller has a frame made from the highest aluminum alloy around, making the Bob Revolution Flex Baby Jogger a stroller you can have some peace of mind when you put your baby in there.
- The Bob Revolution Flex Baby Jogger has one deep storage basket. You may think that the storage baskets of jogging strollers won’t be that deep, but the Bob Revolution Flex Baby Jogger has you packed. The Bob Revolution Flex Baby Jogger has a pocket for your phone, three pockets located in the back seat, snack pockets, and a very big cargo storage basket. The storage basket is one of the best features of the Bob Revolution Flex Baby Jogger. The Bob Revolution Flex Baby Jogger storage basket can store all of your baby’s goods, and you won’t feel weighed down because of the storage basket. Just see what the storage basket of the Bob Revolution Flex Baby Jogger has to offer. You’ll love the storage basket of the Bob Revolution Flex Baby Jogger, guaranteed.
- The Bob Revolution Flex Baby Jogger has a canopy with a UPF of 50+. If you want to keep your little one safe from the sunlight, this canopy delivers in spades. Now, you won’t have to worry about your little one getting burnt, all thanks to the Bob Revolution Flex Baby Jogger.
The Bob Revolution Flex Baby Jogger is a high-quality stroller, and one of the best jogging strollers around. However, there’s another brand of jogging strollers that may rival the Bob Revolution Flex Baby Jogger. Let’s look at what that is.
Joovy Zoom 360 Ultralight Jogging Stroller
If you’re looking for one of the best jogging strollers around, the Joovy Zoom 360 Ultralight Jogging Stroller has you covered. Let’s look at some of its features.
- The Joovy Zoom 360 Ultralight Jogging Stroller has an extra wide seat with multiple reclining options. This makes it a seat that’s good fit your little one wants a view.
- The Joovy Zoom 360 Ultralight Jogging Stroller is easy to wash. Many parents who deal with running will want a stroller that is easy to clean, and this one just requires you to wipe it down.
- The Joovy Zoom 360 Ultralight Jogging Stroller controls well. For those who want straight locking wheels, this line of jogging strollers has you covered.
- Like many jogging strollers, the Joovy Zoom 360 Ultralight Jogging Stroller has a tough frame that absorbs shocks quite well. You can have some great peace of mind thanks to the Joovy Zoom 360 Ultralight Jogging Stroller and what it can do for you.
Baby Jogger City Select
Finally, let’s look at the Baby Jogger City stroller. This line of jogging strollers has quite a few features, including:
- Easy folding. If you’re a jogger, then you may be disappointed in some jogging strollers and how they don’t fold that well. The Baby Jogger City has folding that puts the other strollers to shame. If you’re looking for a stroller that can fold with ease, then the Baby Jogger City is for you. Try it out and see what we mean.
- The Baby Jogger City is quite customizable. You can turn the Baby Jogger City into a double stroller, for instance, or keep it single if you so wish. With many jogging strollers, you can only pick one style. Not the Baby Jogger City!
- The Baby Jogger City has all the safety features you’d expect out of jogging strollers. For example, the Baby Jogger City has the high SPF canopy and a tough frame to boot.
See our lightweight section for more information on the City Mini. If you don’t want to, in summary, the City Mini is a lightweight stroller that doubles as a jogger. With three wheels, easy maneuverability, and other unique features, try the City Mini.
These are some of the best jogging strollers to pick from.
Also, we should talk about something important to look for in a jogging stroller: a locking front wheel. A stroller meant for jogging will usually have one front wheel instead of two, and it’ll be lockable. The front wheel is meant for speed and stability, which you typically cannot find in a stroller that has four wheels. Always look for a stroller with a lockable front wheel if you want a jogger.
Also, you want a front wheel that can unlock so you can turn it. The jogging stroller is a bit difficult to turn at first because of its front wheel. However, once you get used to the front wheel, you can run with it with ease.
What are the best lightweight strollers?
When choosing a baby stroller or a convenience stroller, weight does matter for a lot of people. Lightweight strollers can make travel much easier, and they’re great for a parent who doesn’t pack that much. Lightweight strollers tend to have less of a weight limit, but are more compact. Let’s look at some of the best lightweight strollers on the market.
Baby Jogger City Mini
The Baby Jogger City Mini or just the City Mini is a lightweight jogging stroller. If you want both a lightweight stroller, but also one you can run around with, the Baby Jogger City Mini is your go-to stroller. Let’s look at some of the features of the Baby Jogger City Mini and you can decide whether or not the Baby Jogger City Mini is for you.
- The Baby Jogger City Mini is foldable. This is something you should expect out of any lightweight stroller, but the Baby Jogger City Mini has it in spades. The Baby Jogger City Mini is a stroller that folds in just a step, making it one of the most compact in lightweight stroller types. No matter where you travel, the City Mini has your back. Give the Baby Jogger City Mini a try and see what we mean.
- The Baby Jogger City Mini has a weight capacity of 50 pounds, making the City Mini great for bigger kids. A lightweight stroller tends to have a lower weight limit. We’re talking 30 pounds or so on most strollers. Not the Baby Jogger City Mini. You can put 50 pounds in the Baby Jogger City Mini comfortably. We love how the City Mini can fit anything.
- The Baby Jogger City Mini has a canopy, too, and the City Mini has a thick one. The Baby Jogger City Mini has 50+ protection, just like most jogging strollers. The City Mini also has a peek a boo window to see your baby as they stay safe via its canopy. The City Mini keeps your little one safe.
- If you want your baby to recline, the Baby Jogger City Mini has you covered. The Baby Jogger City Mini has a seat with multiple positions to keep your baby safe, and the City Mini allows for the most comfort. The City Mini is so comfortable, your baby will want it as their bed.
- Another unique feature of the City Mini is that it has three wheels. Some strollers have 3 or 4 wheels. A 3-wheeled stroller can be easier to turn and allows for more variety. The front wheel of the City Mini is lockable. As mentioned before, this is important for any stroller, and we’re glad the City Mini has it.
Overall, the City Mini is a great stroller that is well worth checking out, if you’re someone who is a fan of a lightweight stroller that doubles as a jogger. The City Mini is for anyone who wants to jog and have a good time. So, what’s another good lightweight stroller? We’re about to show you the next best lightweight stroller, so sit tight and we’ll reveal it.
Can you put a 3 month old in a stroller?
Yes, you can put a 3 month old in a stroller. For babies that are 0-3 months old, you’re going to need a stroller with full recline. A 3 month old may or may not need that depending on their development, so take a look and see whether or not they will need it or not.
What is the best lightweight stroller for toddler?
One of the best strollers you can get is the HEAO Baby Stroller Black. The HEAO Baby Stroller Black is not only lightweight, but it has quite a few unique features, such as:
- Some breathable, non-toxic fabric. The HEAO Baby Stroller Black has fabric that is wearable.
- It’s quite easy to fold. The HEAO Baby Stroller Black works for traveling parents.
- The HEAO Baby Stroller Black has 3-reclining positions, as well as a flat position for babies.
- The HEAO Baby Stroller Black has a sizable storage basket.
- Finally, the HEAO Baby Stroller Black meets all the safety standards, including a 5-point harness.
What is the best umbrella stroller for a toddler?
When looking at some of the best strollers around, don’t rule out the umbrella stroller. In the world of best strollers, this one manages to be the perfect balance between quality and affordability. So, what’s one of the best strollers that has an umbrella? That would be the Graco Travelite stroller. This is one of the best strollers for travelers. Here’s why.
- This is one of the best strollers because it has a good weight limit. It’s about 40 pounds. There are bigger strollers, but most parents won’t need a higher weight limit. This is why the Graco is one of the best strollers. It manages to get that balance.
- One of the reasons why this is one of the best strollers is that it’s adjustable. You can adjust its calf support and seat to keep your toddler comfortable and satisfied. If your stroller doesn’t have that, it’s not among the best strollers.
- It has a cup holder for the parent. Many of the best strollers may have one for your toddler, but this one has one for you.
- This is one of the best strollers because it has a removable armbar. If your child wants something to grab, the armbar has you covered.
- It has a front wheel that’s lockable. The best strollers should let you control your ride, and this is why the Graco is one of the best strollers in that regard.
Do strollers expire?
The answer may surprise you. No, strollers don’t expire. However, if you’re using a stroller that has a car seat installed, the car seat does have an expiration date. With that said, be mindful of any recalls, because that may affect the stroller’s performance.
Is it safe for baby to sleep in stroller?
Having your baby nap in a stroller is perfectly fine, no matter which stroller you use. However, you obviously should not use a stroller as an overnight bed. This is obvious, but we felt like we should remind you.
Should babies lay flat in strollers?
If the stroller allows your baby to lay flat, then that’s okay. Always make sure that your baby is lying flat in a stroller on their back, as any other part could affect them, and that’s no good at all.
Stroller Features of a Big Kid Stroller
If you’re getting strollers for toddlers and big kids, you may need to be mindful of what kind of stroller you have. A big kid stroller should have the following stroller features, besides the obvious like the right weight limit.
- A large storage basket. A big kid is picky, and wants their snacks and other goods. Make sure it has a large storage basket to accommodate for all these.
- A smooth ride. This is ideal for any stroller, but when it comes to a big kid, a smooth ride is more important than ever. This is because a big kid is much fussier, while many infants can sleep through everything. In order to avoid waking your big kid up, make sure that the stroller has a smooth ride. Take your big kid out strolling. If they like the smooth ride, then get it. If the smooth ride doesn’t appear to be as smooth as you thought, then get a stroller with a better smooth ride.
- A flexible leg rest. A big kid has longer legs, and you want a leg rest that can let your child relax while you’re taking them to their next big place. A big kid stroller should have a leg rest that extends and allows the child to rest. Get an adjustable leg rest, or a flexible leg rest, and you can go far.
- For the parent, you’ll want a big kid travel stroller that is easy to push. An easy to push travel stroller is important for any age range, but when you’re pushing a big kid, you need it even more. Go to the store, and if they have a travel stroller, see how it pushes. Is it easy to push? If so, you’re golden.
- Strollers for big kids may be convertible as well.
These are just a few features of strollers for big kids. Now, you may be wondering why you would need strollers for big kids. Let’s take a look at some reasons why strollers for big kids can be great.
Why Would Big Kids Need a Stroller?
When you think of big kids, you may imagine them retiring the stroller. By big kids, we’re talking about past the toddler stage. You may not imagine your 5-year-old needing a stroller for example. However, there’s plenty of reasons why big kids may need a stroller, including the following:
- They had a growth spurt. Some of the big kids you see in strollers aren’t actually big kids, but big toddlers. It’s possible for a child under three to be bigger, and although they sleep like a toddler, they still need strollers for big kids.
- Strollers for big kids may be needed because your child is recovering from a surgery. Sometimes, you may not need a wheelchair, but instead strollers for big kids will suffice. This is often temporary and you may want to go to a place that rents strollers for big kids if you don’t want to keep that stroller for too long.
- Another reason why parents buy strollers for big kids is simply because the child wants to ride in it. Some parents feel like having a strict cutoff date for the stroller is important, because they feel like they have to grow up. Others feel like letting the child be a toddler for a little longer is okay. Either choice is valid, and you should not judge someone who is buying strollers for big kids.
- Strollers for big kids work great for parents on vacation. For one thing, even though your child can keep up, they may not have energy levels as great, and may need to sleep. Strollers for big kids make traveling much easier. Also, strollers for big kids are great for the airport, when you have to make it to your terminal ASAP.
- Some parents who buy strollers for big kids have a special needs kid. Strollers for big kids can make it much easier to travel when your child is someone who has their own needs. If you want to have a less stressful time, consider buying strollers for big kids.
These are just a few reasons why strollers for big kids are important. Never judge a parent who has one. In fact, you may find that they are quite useful.
If you want a stroller for bigger children, you do have your options. Sometimes, a bigger kid needs a stroller, and you shouldn’t deny them one just because they are big. If you ever see a parent with a stroller, and in the stroller is a bigger kid, try not to judge. Often, they have a reason, and if you’re looking at this article, you may have a reason as well.
Do you have a stroller for a bigger kid? How did it go for you? Tell us more.DISCLAIMER (IMPORTANT): This information (including all text, images, audio, or other formats on FamilyHype.com) is not intended to be a substitute for informed professional advice, diagnosis, endorsement or treatment. You should not take any action or avoid taking action without consulting a qualified professional. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions about medical conditions. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking advice or treatment because of something you have read here a FamilyHype.com.