Play things are must-haves for children, and it is the job of the parents to ensure that their kids appreciate the toys and gifts given to them. However, they also have to take into consideration the safety hazards brought about by their children’s play sets. Read on to find the perfect toys for three-year-olds, as well as some tips before buying them.
What Are Some Of The Most Popular Toys For Three-Year-Olds?
Buying the top toys for three-year-old girls may be a little bit complicated. “They have real-life personalities now. They’re real people. Once language comes in, they can express their feelings and have a real conversation with you, people they don’t know, and on the telephone, with people, they can’t see,” states Dr. Roberta Golinkoff, author of the famous book “Becoming Brilliant: What Science Tells Us About Raising Successful Children.”
This statement is echoed by Barnard College Center for Toddler Development director and “How Toddlers Thrive” author, Tovah Klein. According to him, “Three-year-olds are getting to be more social and have ideas of their own. Open-ended play toys such as blocks and building toys allow them to explore and discover and carry out their ideas.”
With that, here are some of the top toys for 3-year-old girls.
- Music Instrument Set – A music instrument set is composed of guitars, rattles, drums, and microphones. This toy can enhance a child’s musical ability and critical thinking skills by learning different ways to create music and sound effects. This set usually costs $50.
- Game Smart Watch For Kids – These wrist smartwatches are helpful for parents who want to engage children in a fun and educational set of activities. This STEM toy features a calendar, calculator, step counter, and games. It also has a built-in camera, added with some special effects, to inspire your kid to take photos of their own.
- Gourmet Chef Kitchen And Cookware Set – This assorted playset is perfect for three-year-olds. Children at this age usually love to pretend to cook and build stores on their own. This little kitchen can distract them and provide several hours of play. Parents and their child’s friends can fill in and “cook” with them so they can feel the reality of the setup.
- Story Box Safari – This story box has little safari figures that aid in the storytelling of children. The animal’s combination lets the kids plan their story scenarios.
- Disney Princess Dress-Up Trunk – When thinking about play things for three-year-olds, you can never go wrong with the Disney Princess Dress-Up Trunk. The trunk grants a girl’s dream of becoming a princess in vibrant colors with its 21-piece combination of jewels, crowns, dresses, and shoes. It has everything they need to transform into Snow White, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, or Mulan.
- Play-Doh Fun Tub – This fun tub is composed of five classic clay colors and 20 cutouts, which will help them mold the best different shapes. This activity enhances creative thinking, hand-eye coordination, and imagination.
These play sets may be a good list for future gifts for 3-year-old girls. On one side, parents (or other family members) should also consider the safety of the kids when giving them these toys. Here are several things to consider when buying toys for children.
- Check the age range indicated on the box. Some toys are not appropriate for younger ages since they might cause them harm.
- Avoid toys that require shooting objects into the air because they may lead to severe injuries.
- Make sure that the toys are free of toxic materials that might cause poisoning.
- Buy toys that cannot fit in your child’s mouth. This way, choking will be prevented.
- Plastics break easily sometimes. Hence, it is essential to buy sturdy plastic toys.
- Don’t forget to check if the electric toys are labeled “UL Approved” to ensure their safety.
Once you implement these safety tips while buying toys, your “mini-me” will be able to get the best playing experience.
Last Updated on April 12, 2023 by Harold ChanDISCLAIMER (IMPORTANT): This information (including all text, images, audio, or other formats on FamilyHype.com) is not intended to be a substitute for informed professional advice, diagnosis, endorsement or treatment. You should not take any action or avoid taking action without consulting a qualified professional. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions about medical conditions. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking advice or treatment because of something you have read here a FamilyHype.com.