Car seats are specifically designed to keep children safe inside a moving vehicle. It protects the child from serious harm in case something unfortunate happens while riding the vehicle. Their structural integrity is designed to absorb the impact of the crash and distribute the force across the stronger parts of the body. Moreover, they also provide proper positioning to ensure your child’s safety. Proper sitting position is a vital factor in reducing the risk of serious harm from a crash. With that said, there are lots of factors you need to consider to get your children the best protection they need. One of the better brands out there is the Evenflo.
When buying car seats, you should consider safety and budget. To help you decide, here are reviews on some of the best products.
Evenflo Car Seat Types
To give you an idea of what E-flo most people are adding to online cart today, we made a list of its highly rated car seats from Amazon app. We also included a detailed description of the product to better compare them with other brands and models on sale that we reviewed in the past. You can check the pros and cons of each brand/model so you can come up with the right decision for your little one.
Different Types Of Car Seats From Evenflo – Which Car Seat Is Best For Your Baby
There are weight and height limits on deciding what Evenflo seat the baby should use. Its restrictions can go up to 30 pounds on average. Newborns or infants must use rear-facing boosters; once they exceed the limits, they should use convertible ones by then. The latter can be detached from the car without your baby waking up.
EveryStage DLX All-In-One Convertible Vechicle Chair For Infants & Toddlers
The Every Stage Evenflo DLX car seat is durable and convenient. This product is multifunctional and can be used in 3 modes. Try this car baby chair now for convenience.
EveryFit 4-in-1 All-In-One Convertible Vehicle Booster Chair For Infants & Toddlers
The Every Fit car seat is one of the very few ones that your kid can use until he or she reaches the age of four, as it promises 10 years of use. This safety car accessory can be converted from a rear-facing harness to a forward-facing harness, and as your child gets older it can convert from a high-back booster to a no-back booster.
E-flo Chase Harnessed Booster Chair
The Evenflo Chase Harnessed booster (also available in geneva pink color) can be converted 2 ways and it comes at a reasonable price. Similar to the Evenflo Chase LX, it also comes with a 5-point adjustable harness system.
Sonus Convertible Booster Chair
The Evenflo Sonus is quite versatile, and it’s been tried and tested. It offers all-season comfort has the necessary safety features to protect your child from side impact during crashes.
Best Convertible Car Seats
They are needed, especially since your child is growing. Knowing the difference between infant car seats vs. convertible car seats is essential for ensuring their safety and comfort. They would need to transition from an infant car chair to a convertible car chair once they’re big enough, typically around two years old, allowing them to switch from a rear-facing to a front-facing position.
Booster Car Seats
If your child has grown old enough for convertibles but still needs help to sit up higher and be in a protected and safe position, this product can help your child. Children at least four years old and 40 lbs can use this type of chair.
State Laws To Consider When Buying Car Seats
The car chair laws differ in all 50 states of the US. To know what age and size your child should be to be able to use the different types of car seats according to the law, check the list made by The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.
Best Car Seats Besides Evenflo
The best E-flo was decided by many factors like ease of use and installation, cost, and comfort but mostly because of safety. Find out their difference below.
The following products below have passed the federal crash test standard test and are guaranteed to follow the Federal Safety regulations.
1. Chicco Keyfit 30
Highly famous, this model is ranked as the best choice due to its quality and safety. Many people prefer this car chair because it offers a great cost not too far from those of premium infant vehicular chairs. Easy to install and use, The Chicco Keyfit 30 car chair is one of the best for small infants as light as 4 lbs. It features a built-in belt routing lock-off system that is useful if you have a latch in your car.
- Has energy-absorbing foam which helps with impact protection
- Easy to adjust 5-point harness positions
- Clicks into the car better than many of its competitors
- Best for newborns 4-11 pounds
- Excellent value
- Cushion content is machine washable
- Since the car chair has a wide base, it can be too bulky for the car
- Only fits babies up to 30 inches or 30 pounds
- Rough fabric
- 1-year warranty
- 9 lbs weight
- Five colors
- The additional base is worth $84.99
- Chicco Caddy Stroller Frame costs $99.99
- Chicco Cortina Travel System costs $299.99
2. Britax B-Safe 35 Elite
Best known for its safety features, the Britax B-Safe 35 elite lands itself second in the list. Also, it’s easy to install in the car and is compatible with strollers. However, it can be too narrow for your child, and they may quickly grow too big for the booster.
- Extremely safe car chair due to its impact absorption, stable steel frame, and impact protection
- Newborns weighing 4 pounds can comfortably fit
- Easily adjustable 5 point harness
- A sound price that reflects the quality
- It can fit into compact cars
- Cushions are easily washable and removed
- You might have difficulty getting your baby in and out due to the narrow design
- Heavier than others
- 1-year warranty
3. Graco SnugRide Click Connect 35
Both popular, the Graco, and infant SnugRide line has been the favorite of many trusted parents, one of which is the Graco Snugride 30 LX. Graco offers you reasonable pricing but good quality while Snugride fits the bill. Although not as highly rated as the first ones, it is still a good option.
- Protects your baby from impact with the EPS energy-absorbing foam
- Infants 4-35 lbs and up to 32 inches can fit in it
- Easily maneuverable 5 points, front-adjust harness
- Six base recline positions
- Works with all Graco click-connect strollers
- can machine wash the cushions
- Top 3 picks’ safety ratings are higher
- Difficult to remove than other brands and models
- The support is difficult to move between cars because of the latch system hook
- Lacks padding
- year warranty
- 7.5 lbs
- Five colors
- Additional base:
Best Convertible Car Seats Besides Evenflo
1. Britax Boulevard ClickTight
With its world-class safety, installation, and comfort features, this is easily the best convertible car chair. Kids as little as 5 lbs can use it as a rear-facing chair.
- Top-notch safety with its two-layered side protection, frame, and impact-absorbing base and harness pads
- Easy installation thanks to ClickTight technology
- Lets you know if your baby is within the proper tightness range
- The harness can grow quickly with your child and even up to 65 lbs
- May not fit in small cars as you entered due to its bulkiness
- Short crotch buckle
- Not convertible to a booster
- Additional pay $14.99 for a cup holder
- can reach up to $299.99
- 1-year warranty
- Available in 5 colors
- Britax Child Cup Holder costs $14.19
2. Chicco Nextfit Zip
It falls at number 2 because of the safety ratings and other parent-friendly features. It is also easy to use, install, and switch from rear-facing to front-facing.
Equipped with 5-point harness system that can hold the belt sides up when loading and unloading. The zip model is useful but pricey.
- Excellent results on the crash test
- 9-position levelling technology innovation making it easy to install
- an easily adjustable 5-point harness system
- The 2-position chest clip and 6-position headrest adjusts as the baby gets bigger
- Can accommodate newborns 5 lbs and heavier due to the removable infant insert
- Can be unzipped for washing
- Comes with an insulated cup holder
- Some reports say the latch straps are difficult to tighten
- Might not fit in small cars due to its bulk
- Tough to remove and attach pads
- $299.99 (same without Zip control feature)
- Four color options offered
3. Diono Radian RXT
The third spot goes to the Diono Radian RXT due to its design, safety, and versatility. Babies up to 120 lbs can even use this as a booster. It has a narrow design, which saves space, can be adjusted as the baby grows and is also comfortable for the baby.
- Safe due to the steel frame and EPS foam cushioning and energy-absorbing harness system
- It’s narrow so it allows more space
- Car chair head support has 12 adjustable positions
- The 5-point harness when forward-facing can fit in kids up to 80 lbs
- Can be folded flat and has carrying straps
- Has a cup holder
- Complex installation
- More difficult to adjust harness belts
- The car chair height and bottom and high and long so it may not fit in some cars
- Car chair pads are challenging to operate and reattach
- one-year warranty
- ten colors available
- Diono Radian Angle Adjuster $6.93
- Diono car chair carrying straps: $7.99
The Best Car Seats For Bigger Kids – Booster Seats
Booster chairs are much simpler and don’t have the same features as the other products like safety measures. This is because their purpose is to raise the kid high enough so that the belt system of the vehicle fits them.
- Safety 1st Backed Store n’ Go Booster Seat: can be a backless chair and accommodate up to 100 lbs
- Evenflo Big Kid AMP Booster: can be backless and provide up to 110 pounds
You can read other articles to learn more about vehicle chair safety tips. Evenflo offers different booster vehicle chair option you can check on their site links. But most of all, you should do your research to be aware of how you should adjust your infant chair to maximize your baby’s safety. This could save your kid’s life one day.
Frequently Asked Questions About Car Seats From Evenflo
Are They Safe?
It is safe because it meets government safety guidelines. It can be used as a rear-facing chair for newborn babies or as a front-facing seat for older kids.
Can You Use Them Without The Base?
Some auto base-type models can be used without their base to make it easy to use the vehicle chair in more than one vehicle. An example of this is the Evenflo Port About.
Are The Base All The Same?
The brand has made a large variety of chairs and colors and different bases For example, Evenflo Revolve360 Rotational All-In-One (Amherst Gray), Evenflo All4One All-In-One with SensorSafe (Aries Black), Evenflo Gold (moonstone grey). All connect to the chair in different ways and are not interchangeable at all.
How Do You Remove The Straps?
Start by Loosening harness straps by pulling it toward you after pushing down the metal harness release button of the vehicle seat.
Are There Recalls On This Brand?
Yes. The company stated and Issued a Recall For 56,000.
How Many Years Is This Product Suitable For?
An Evenflo vehicle seat expires six years after the manufacturing date. However, there are products with several exceptions.
What Stroller Is Compatible With The Vehicle Booster Chair?
Other baby carriers are not designed to fit the stroller frame of an Evenflo vehicle chair. However, The Journey 100 Stroller, Evenflo Embrace, and Evenflo Discovery are a perfect fit.
Does This Brand Allow Overhang?
Many E-Flo car seats allow 20% of the bottom of the carrier to hang. That is in front of the car’s front seat.
Is It An American Brand?
Yes, Evenflo is an American brand. Established in 1920 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, this company specialize in manufacturing and distributing child and infant care products, ranging from booster seats, high chairs, strollers, breast pumps, and more.
Is The Brand Made In China?
As with many other companies, Evenflo has plenty of manufacturing facilities in different locations around the world, including China. While some of their products are made in China, it is worth noting that they operate on an international scale and source their components and materials from different parts of the world to ensure affordable and quality.
How Do I This Thing Is Safe?
The very first thing you need to do is to check to the product’s compliance with safety standards. Look for labels that show FMVSS 213 in the US or ECE R44/04 in Europe. Also, do your homework and research about possible recalls and safety issues raised by your specific model. NHTSA or any relevant authority can provide such information.
For your child’s safety, make sure to verify the expiration date. More importantly, make sure to install the car chair properly on your car.
Should The Booster Chair Go Behind The Driver Or Passenger?
The placement of your child’s booster chair depends on your personal preferences and other factors of your drive. Both spots can be safe as long as you install the sear properly and securely, according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
When installing booster chairs to your car, make sure you consider the visibility of your car. It should not cause any inconvenience and distractions, especially to the driver.
How Do I Know If My Child’s Booster Chair Is Expired?
Find the label on the sear and look for the date or expiration date. Many car seats don’t come with information about their expiration date. In most cases however, they have a lifespan of 5 to 10 years from the manufacturing date before they need replacement. You can contact Evenflo’s website to clarify this thing.
Best Car Seats From Evenflo Resources:
Last Updated on May 14, 2023 by Edwin SinsonaDISCLAIMER (IMPORTANT): This information (including all text, images, audio, or other formats on FamilyHype.com) is not intended to be a substitute for informed professional advice, diagnosis, endorsement or treatment. You should not take any action or avoid taking action without consulting a qualified professional. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions about medical conditions. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking advice or treatment because of something you have read here a FamilyHype.com.